Thread: help with egr valve

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help with egr valve

hi guys a mate has been havin problems with his egr valve all the symptomes r there with all the same problems as everyone else i have took it of and cleaned it as been shown but it hasnt made any difference at all i havent drilled the hole in the black part will this cure the problem if i was 2 drill the hole and punch the parts out and clean them? or could there be another problem? thanks for ur help cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi guy just found out that its the swirl flaps that are goosed any one know a price on replacing the manifold as ive been told its a non reparable part cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which engine is it, thier are some nasty rumours that 3/8 " tap washers from b&Q for about £1.50 will fix the problem of the swirl valve rail falling off on the 1.9 cdti`s ;-)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Roswell.... any more info on this ?? Mine failed after I had had the car for about 6 months and cost me a bomb (just out of warranty). My Bro has just bought a CDTi Zaf and if I could give him this info, could save him (and a load of others) a lot of cash and heartache !

Cheers

Rob

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The bar that runs along the top has 4 plastic sockets that connect tot he corrosponding 4 metal balls that open / shut the valves, The 3/8 tap washer goes over the balls and re attach the bar, the washers clamp round the bottom of the broken sockets restoring functionality, its not going to last forever but at £1.50 ish a time its a feasable fix that isnt hard to repeat as and when required.