Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with my newly bought astra!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problems with my newly bought astra!

Afternoon a friend off mine put me onto site as he used to be a member (before he went into subarus)

Im feeling very down at moment. I had my car up for sale or "swap" And a lad contacted me with a astra Mk4 in black too see if i wanted a swap. after a while off texting and me hpiing it and a few pics i said yes car was described as being in good condition for year, Too be honust i didnt expect it too me really nice as its 10 year old!

Anyway he asked if he could come last night which wasnt a problem. I had a look round car all be it a brief look as it was raining and a bit dark. i couldnt drive car as i wasnt insured on it but thought it had driven all the way up here so is good enought for me. The lad also seemed very genuine. So this morning i went out to have a look at my astra................

The passanger door looks like its been painted by a 5 year old, Which upset me abit. But then i looked round the other side and one off the wheels was as flat as a pancake! I got my insurance sorted and run the car down the road. And theres a clicking nocking noise coming from passanger front side! Also if you go above 60 the whole car judders from front!!

I know its my fault for being too trusty My car wasnt mint BUT it was safe (the kids go in it) and all one colour.

Im going to try and fix the car myself with help from a friend but we have no idea what the clicking knocking noise is or even how much i should expect for the door doing.

Any help or advice would be really good. its a black 3 door sri on a T plate. with 18 inch wheels.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    T reg would be more then 10year old iirc o.0

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry 11 year.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the shuddering over 60 could just be the wheels being unbalanced, just take it to a garage and ask the to align them properly.

hopefully that should help solve that problem!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not good mate, there are more than enough parts companies that you could use in your area, not sure who as i only drive past them at work but seen alot of "vaux bits" places up in leeds.

The clicking might be something simple like suspension etc but you need to get it up in the air and have a look.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Iv jacked it taken the wheel off and had a good "swing" on things but nothing clicked i thought it might have been a shield so i bent that back a little bit bit its still doing it. The suspension spring isnt broken and doesnt look old.

Ill get some pics up when i work out how

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats the car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    clicking could be a cv boot.

You can see the mismatch on the door in those pics. looks like it has had a dent at some point and the owner has knocked it out and sprayed over himself. Flat tyre could be a puncture or may need some more sealant if it's a new tyre.

Never swap a car in the dark or the rain. I have done this in the past, staying away from swaps. I got a very good decent car through swapping, but then got an absolute pig i threw a few grand at to finally scrap a year later.

EDIT: Sorry i meant cv joint not boot

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on the plus side ur problems dont seem to be engine related and the car does look pretty good apart from door,to me not a lot of worry about

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is a Cv Expensive? hard too fit? is there away off know ing for sure?.

I was going to sell it for bits but my mate said i wouldnt get anything for it. 'Stuck between a rock and a hard place at moment!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast