Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow ColuGav On Twitter

Anybody in Recruitment/HR?

I have been given an interview on Monday, and for it I have to give a ten minute presentation based on the title 'How would I maximise my effectiveness in the first 90 days'.

Now this being my first presentation I have had to do at an interview, I'm kinda a little at odds as to what they would like to see... Also, not exactly the most confident person in the world, so might have to sort that out over the weekend!

Any tips Guys/Girls?

Gav

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats the job for ..?

A few thoughts that spring to mind...But some topics you could touch on.

1. Learn as much about the company / what they do / sell (services or products) / who they trade with etc, BEFORE you start.
    2. Develop relationships (Make Friends) with departments as quickly as possible when you start
    3. Develop a new working style to integrate with existing company structure.
    4.Share experience / knowledge (not preach) with existing staff / departments when you start.
    5. Listen A LOT.
    6. Be positive, show a willing to learn, even if you are experienced.

Just some thoughts...Places like monster.co.uk and jobsite.co.uk have loads of information on this kind of thing.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow ColuGav On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit_100 View Post
    Whats the job for ..?

A few thoughts that spring to mind...But some topics you could touch on.

1. Learn as much about the company / what they do / sell (services or products) / who they trade with etc, BEFORE you start.
    2. Develop relationships (Make Friends) with departments as quickly as possible when you start
    3. Develop a new working style to integrate with existing company structure.
    4.Share experience / knowledge (not preach) with existing staff / departments when you start.
    5. Listen A LOT.
    6. Be positive, show a willing to learn, even if you are experienced.

Just some thoughts...Places like monster.co.uk and jobsite.co.uk have loads of information on this kind of thing.
    Wow, good information!

I've already got a bit of an advantage as I already work in the company thats interviewing me... whereas the other candidates do not.