AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stereo will not stay in

Hi all

I got a kenwood stereo and I'm having some problems

I have installed the cage and bend down the metal parts so it locks in place in the console but it is very loose on one side.

I connect up the stereo and slot it in. Then I can pull the stereo out with my hands from the cage, and the cage will also come out.

But if I push the stereo into the cage before inserting it in to the cosole it will locck in the cage and you need to use the removeal tools to get it out.

Does anyone have a reliable way of making sure the stereo and cage stay put?
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you must try and fit the cage securely again...
    ...you've probably not bent enough tabs for it to hold and grip the facia edge

cage should be solid before you attempt to put the stereo in

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have bent every tab in the cage. But it looks like the tabs don't match up to the lip around the console, theres probably about 5mm's from the lips of the console to the tab of the cage. I have tried this with my Kenwood, Sony, and Fusion stereos all have different cages
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rather strange, had 4 Kenwood HU's in my MK4 over the years and the cages have all locked in OK. There are oodles of bits you can bend on the cages, some really close to the lip that sits against the console. Any pics of the problem?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried hooking the tabs into the headunit aswell as the console? Also check if the wires at the back are out of the way fully as this can prevent the stereo going the whole way in or push it back out again.

If the tabs dont sort it mate use insulation tape around the cage at the front. A few layers and it should hold in no problem.
    I <3 Speakers so i do

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I will try and get some pics of the problem, I will also look to see if there are any other tabs closer to the edge. I had the same problem when I moved the stereo from the top of the console to where the cd/holder is. Then I placed the holder in the original place of the seteo it just slid out and it wouldn't clip in. Who know it may just ne the console itself