Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what i want and what i need? heart ache and soppy stuff ...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what i want and what i need? heart ache and soppy stuff ...

well what i think i want and what i think i need ...

as some of you may know my girlfriend of 3 years decided my best mate was much better prospect because he 'understood' her and wouldnt 'hold her back'. after a 2 week fling she realised that he was just another bloke telling her whatever she wanted to hear and actually he was a pr!ck.

anyways i couldnt let her go and have never stopped talking to her. Its been nearly a year now and we still chat and we've seen each other every so often to chat and look out for each other.

i guess it's been about 3 months now since shes out right cut my ex bast mate out of her life. (he claimed depression [i know its a real thing] in all honesty i believe it was atention seeking and a way to get time alone with people)
    and i feel like i can almost trust her again.

I still love her (those years aren't gonna be forgotten easily) and she was pretty much my 1st proper long term girl friend.

anyways we were talking the other night and she told me taht shes now sort of dating this guy ... it's really knocked me for 6.
    over the year that we've been apart shes seen maybe 3 guys. I've just seen 1 girl, which was maybe a month after we split up and it only lasted a month or so because i just didnt feel much for her.

I dunno if it was because i felt so much for my ex that every feeling since has just felt dull comapred or what?

i think that i want my ex back .. but do i really want her back or is it just a knee jerk reaction to her seeing this guy?
    i've kinda wanted her back since she stopped contact with my old mate so its not just from this new guy being on the scene.

it probably doesnt help that one of my closest mates has just let a perfectly good girl slip through his fingers because of jealousy. His heart ache has kinda unearthed mine so i cant be around him for too long. (harsh i know)

people have said all the cliches "plenty more fish..." "love finds you when you least expect it" etc but cliches dont help

i hate it, i hate being single when all my mates are settling down with houses and kid etc
    i know i'm only 23 at the end of this month and it sounds so mellow dramatic but i dont wanna be left on the shelf lol

i dont really help myself because i'm so shy, could never do the chatting up a girl in a bar or anything like that.
    I'm better suited to friends of friends because i already know a fair amount of commonground so its easy to build upon..

argh i dont even know what i'm asking in this thread, i just kidna need to write it down and get it out.

do i wanna be with my ex again or is it just because she's seeing someone new? Is this just me being backed into a corner and trying to grab on to something?!

cheers for reading anyways
    sorry if your rolling your eyes shouting "man up Will you ****!"

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    go with what you feel not what your head tells you.

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    "man up Will you ****!"

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need realise it looks like she's moved on, but is happy being friends with you.

Ask yourself if you're happy with that, if not, then tell her how you feel....
    It'll then go one way or another.

...then go on holiday to shagaloof

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has she got any sisters?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think that i want my ex back .. but do i really want her back or is it just a knee jerk reaction to her seeing this guy?
    i've kinda wanted her back since she stopped contact with my old mate so its not just from this new guy being on the scene.

i tend to think you've just really answered your own question you need to find out if she still feels the same about you and take it from there, time for some serious soppy n heart to heart stuff with her and if it means wearing your heart on your sleeve to get it across to her then so be it, at least then you will know either way good luck
    in the words of colin mcrae..
    'if in doubt, flat out' ...my hero
    has a plan..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my heart says i want her but i guess shes thinking that i'm only saying this now because of the new guy on the scene. In reality i've been giving it alot of thought for a while.. urgh

we went out for a wonder the other day and he she said she wanted to be with me, but obviusly she needs to be sure that i'm being genuine.

lol @ nry and willbaroo

thanks harryastra, i've been too stand offish with her about this in the past as i wasnt sure. but now i just think whats the point in hanging around, why not just try and be happy as opposed to worrying about being hurt again.

cheers again guys

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    An ex is an ex for a reason.

That's my view on life.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTE_LET View Post
    An ex is an ex for a reason.

That's my view on life.

+1

there's a reason it didn't last.

you'll never fully forgive her for getting with your friend, even if you think you can, a few weeks/months/years down the line it'll come out in an argument.
    404 error - witty signature not found

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBuddha View Post
    +1

there's a reason it didn't last.

you'll never fully forgive her for getting with your friend, even if you think you can, a few weeks/months/years down the line it'll come out in an argument.
    you took the words right out of my mouth there
    If you are going to go through hell, keep going.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast