Thread: What is it with selling 'my free phone upgrade I don't want'?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What is it with selling 'my free phone upgrade I don't want'?

Come the end of your mobile phone contract you have two choices - get a phone upgrade or have a noticeably reduced monthly cost if you renew and either keep your handset or buy one elsewhere. For example, Vodaphone knocked my wife's contract down from £16 a month to £10 a month for in the end, more texts and minutes than we had before because she wants to keep her handset. The same should go for any other contract type as, for obvious reasons, much of the monthly cost goes towards you paying for your handset - they're never 'free'.

So, for those who sell on their 'free' upgrades, am I missing something or do you want to keep paying out the full rate of the contract for its lifetime?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They're happy enough paying the monthly they're on..
    so selling the upgrdae frees up the money they'll be paying for the duration of the next contract.

I would say they're keeping the current tarrifs, so whe they do upgrade they can still be offered a decent one and not have to add to their monthly...

Swings and roundabouts

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I've only ever renewed once, I usually cancel and take out a new deal elsewhere. when I did renew though, I managed to knock a £45pm tariff down to £30pm and still get a new phone, which at the time was £400 worth sim-free on ebay.

sadly, the new phone was an N97 which although ok just hasn't lived up to it's tag at the time as an iPhone beater. in fact, in the last couple of months, both my wife and I have had the keylock buttons snap on them, and we won't be upgrading again or keeping handsets, we'll take new contracts so we can get a better handset.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.