Thread: another car with a mind of its own

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

another car with a mind of its own

my car is driving (running) at its best untill today.i switched car off to go in shop once i started back up it was like i was running out of petrol?but i had 1/4 of a tank.it wouldnt rev properly sounded like it wanted to stall and was dumping quite loud like a pipe was loose or somthing,so i switched off re started and seemed ok and was dumping quite again.my engine is a z20let and no lights or codes are coming up it drove home boosting ok but and this isnt the 1st time it has done this it done it about a week ago but didnt think much to it as no lights and cleared itself. any1 had this or any ideas what it could be?i will do the ov and check pipes but seems strange how it come and then went again bringing no faults up?

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    just do the general checks, hoses, connections, elec plugs and if it does do it again just put it down to been that time of the month!

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    lol,yea must be.will have a check but am i right thinking it could be somthing to do with sticking collins dv as it idles low and dumps louder like somthing is leaking boost when sit ther and give it low revs,but then go's again?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    anyone have any ideas what this could cause this?if it was a sensor it would bring a fault code wouldnt it?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this when I blew the hose off the top of the turbo, wouldnt go above 1500 revs and cut out, it sounds like it could be one of many possible problems, take your time an run through the stanard checks from checking hoses, plugs, coil pack, boost pressure, etc. good luck
    z20let cabby running 255 bhp, 307 ft/lb torque!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yea will do mate but dosnt seem like a boost pipe as its been ok last couple of days thats why thought my dv could of stuck open or somthing and then unstuck?i have newish irridium plugs have changed my afm to.might try a diffrent bcs and see how it goes.