Thread: some "sport button" questions

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question some "sport button" questions

ive read the manual but there is not a great deal of info on this button. ive only had the car one week and was wondering if someone can give me some more info on this.

does having the sport button "on" use more fuel than having it "off"??

also, if driving with the button "off" is the cars bhp and torque not set to 150bhp and whatever the torque is (not sure)

i hered that the cars torque and bhp is only something like 60% with the button off and 100% with it on.

many thanks. (also if anyone has any other interesting or usefull info about this button as well.)
    Gaz Jones
    mk5 lightning silver 1.9cdti/de badge/lowered on eibach pros/k&n panel filter/possible remap this year

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1) does having the sport button "on" use more fuel than having it "off"??

Nope. Though your driving style may change so in effect it will use more fuel but that's your 'fault' and not the car.

2) also, if driving with the button "off" is the cars bhp and torque not set to 150bhp and whatever the torque is (not sure)

Doesn't change the power of the car only the throttle response, steering sharpness and suspension (if you have IDS)

Interesting info? Press and hold it for 5 seconds to turn traction control off.. and then have even more fun

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i tried today with the sport button on and the throttle response is instantly noticable. not sure if i have IDS. i've read that if i have, it will light up on the dash when i put the key in the ignition.

thanks for the fast reply domino.
    Gaz Jones
    mk5 lightning silver 1.9cdti/de badge/lowered on eibach pros/k&n panel filter/possible remap this year

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jsu collected 59 plate 1.8 sri vvt yesterday, not noticing much difference when i press the sports button. read that the revs should instantly jump up is this true?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't notice much difference with my 100bhp 1.7 cdti but there is a big difference with my 150 1.9.
    Astra 1.7 CDTI SRI 5 Door hatch (standard)
    Astra VXR Arden Blue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savsavsav View Post
    Jsu collected 59 plate 1.8 sri vvt yesterday, not noticing much difference when i press the sports button. read that the revs should instantly jump up is this true?
    If you take the car to say 40mph and hold it steady at that, put the sport button on and because the throttle position has changed in the ECU the car will start to accelerate past 40mph.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah sport bottom makes 150s crazy, mine is chipped to 209 bhp so with esp off its a wheel spinny mess.

In 3rd gear on a damp road ill get wheel spin just when turbo kicks in

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Sport button only sharpens the throttle and tightens the steering (IDS if fitted will be initiated). Only the 888 Diesels and 888 re-maps give more BHP with the sport button pressed.
    Drives 888 Coupe No.6