Thread: 99 astra van need details

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

99 astra van need details

Hey all just registered here after reading through some off the threads last night(very good read)

I bought a cheap van the other day with the plan of cleaning it up as its a bit rough around the edges.

Im not a mechanic but ones pointed in the right direction came swing away with the spanners so will be looking for info of you all here please.

I thought it was a 1.7 but knew when I seen it I didnt recognize the engine,so was looking around on the web last night to find out what it is and I thing its a20l DI.NO intercooler
    Did this engine type only come in a 20L or could it be a1.7 as I want to go off and and buy a service kit for it....Did this engine ever come in the astra van or was it put in in a later date???

Im also looking to find out where my oil cooler is coz ive oil in my header tank

any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Danny

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you cant recognise the enigne, what does your documentation say !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was a van laying up on a farm so I have to send off for the log book off it....have you any info on the engine ill post a pic up off it now when my batteries charge in my camera...

the oil filler cap is in the middle of the head and the turbo is on the back and the pipe comes off it and across the left side of the haed.

Cheers Danny

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it is a 1.7 then it will be the small 8v engine which has a low pressure turbo (no intercooler). Does it say diesel on the top?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No she says nothing on it its just a flat steel rocker cover not painted or anything..I went and googled 1.7 turbo diesel astra engines and eventually found a pic of an engine that looks like mine and it was a 20l...It aint a flyer of a van so prob a 1.7 but just wondered was it because i couldnt find a pic of one..

Ill get a photo of it up now and you might know what it is

Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is a pic.Could it be a 1.7 and is it a gm lump??

URL=http://pix.ie/dannyd/1797835][/URL

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you nwo what mK it is?
    Mk4 ASTRA 1.7DTI Estate On 126K Miles Now 127k 11/10/2008 - - 129K 28/11/2008 - - 130k 04/01/2009 -- Now 138k 08/05/2009 Now 142k and a broken Diff -- 144K

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    She is a 1999 year van

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Doesn't look like mine or any other 1.7L I've seen.

The EGR valve at front in the middle looks like 2.0L engines I've seen pictures of.

-------
    I was thinking X20DTL, and ssure enough did a google search for X20DTL images I just saw one that looks like yours.

http://astra4ever.net/download.php?id=17252

The engine code should be stamped on the engine block but I'm not sure where exactly at the moment

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Paul cheers was thinking that but with not so much Vauxhaul knowledge wasnt sure if I was putting in the right search into google....

Ill buy a service kit for it tomorrow and that will put a defo answer on it!!!!!!!

Is this an engine that you can disengage the EGR....Ive been flicking through all the threads on this site and its been saying on some engines you can disengage the EGR on some older engine and it more hastle than its worth to others...

Should I take off the EGR and inlet manifold and clean them both and but them both back in as normal or clean them out and leave off the EGR?????????

I also done the Pedal test after reading about it on here last night......No codes came up so happy out so am thinking all I need to do is clean out the header tank and coolent seystem as it must of went before and wasnt cleaned out proper.

Am I being to innocent can the oil cooler be acting up and not showing up as a fault on the pedal test??????????????

Cheers Danny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast