Thread: mk3 strut mounts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk3 strut mounts

How much should I be paying for these? need some replacements for someone, bought some from a motor factor and they lasted about 2000 miles! lol
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, seriously dont bother with motor factor/ pattern parts as the utter rubbish and dont last long at all, I've got 1 motor factor strut top mount on my Mk3 and its been less than a year and its shot. However saying that i believe ebay seller 55deltic does sell excellent quality parts, had one from him aaaaages ago, pretty sure the one from him lasted (replaced 1 from him and 1 from motor factor, as had them both done at the same time) I paid about £15 for it. I know that is contradictory though, everyone on that forum suggests go genuine GM for all suspension parts like these as they last longer, especially on lowered Mk3's
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I was looking at getting Genuine GM ones, but to replace both, they are pretty dear. it's not lowered at all, completely standard 1.6 8v, it's my sister in laws! I replaced the last ones but as said they lasted ***** all time! and there were £25 ish each! seen a load on ebay for like £10 each, I mean can't be that bad?! at that price they ar almost just throwaway items! the cars on 110k so no point getting a pair that will out last the car! lol
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Sport View Post
    Yeah I was looking at getting Genuine GM ones, but to replace both, they are pretty dear. it's not lowered at all, completely standard 1.6 8v, it's my sister in laws! I replaced the last ones but as said they lasted ***** all time! and there were £25 ish each! seen a load on ebay for like £10 each, I mean can't be that bad?! at that price they ar almost just throwaway items! the cars on 110k so no point getting a pair that will out last the car! lol
    My car is on 138k and I will be replacing my worn one with a good quality one. Like I said, try 55Deltic on ebay.
    But someone on another forum said these are good and supposed to be genuine too Clicky
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could try Autovaux,from what i remember they are about £40 each,but heard they last,and you have a reputable buyer to go back to if they dont.
    REDBULL F1