Thread: woohoo! Our car won "Chairman's Choice" car of the show this weekend! :D

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

woohoo! Our car won "Chairman's Choice" car of the show this weekend! :D

Just wanted to share, Matt & I took the Nissan 200SX S13 to the SXOC weekender at Prescott Hill (Bugatti Owner's Club site) last weekend, and am really proud to say that out of around 200 cars in attendance, "Silvia" our S13 took home the trophy for "Chairman's Choice" for best car of the show, I'm really proud

Matt had worked really hard on her this year to iron out all the niggles and bodywork imperfections she's had for a while, including JDM rear bumper sprayed up, sills have had rot removed, welded, undersealed & resprayed, roof smoothed, washer jet removed & sprayed "glass" black, front bumper UK spec number plate holes filled and smoothed, Kouki spoiler removed, tailgate rot removed, welded & resprayed (all by Richard at Kar Kraft, Peel Street, Bishop Auckland in County Durham).

She then had had her rear arches flared (they had previously been rolled by ArchEnemy, but not enough to admit the larger rear wheels) so Will at Street Options, Raynes Park, London did a sterling job flaring the arches out, smoothing and spraying up the rear quarters.

Over Christmas I took the dash, centre console & door cards to Thomas & Vines in Watford to get them covered in black flocking (they used to flock interiors for the Subaru rally cars), and last week Matt was working hard retrimming the door card centres and glovebox in awesome orange camo fabric .

Finally Darryl (DarrylB on AOC) spent last week detailing Silvia again (he last worked on her about 3 years ago) to do a full paint correction/de-swirling after all the bodywork she's had done, we picked her up the night before setting off to the show looking immaculate

In addition all the fund raising at the show including the raffle and members carrying out penalty forfeits by selling cakes in drag raised over £900 for Cancer Research

More pics from the weekender and hillclimb photos of all the other cars here:
    http://www.ukshires.net/sxoc2010we/sxoc2010index.htm

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    congrats on winning. the car looks very tidy, and strangely I quite like the doorcards, but I'm not a fan of SX's in general
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Epic Kirsty, looks beautiful!!! I do miss my old s13, stunning under the hood to!
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    love it, very impressive looking car

Congrats on the award aswell its always nice to get recognition
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very impressive car there Kirsty
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice! the material on the doorcard just shouldn't workj, but it does and looks the nuts!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, we're really chuffed . Sorry I couldn't be at billing too (first time I've missed it since AOC became VBOA affiliated) but my Astra really isn't looking so wonderful at the moment and definitely not show-worthy

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thats a nice s13 love the Kouki Rear Lights on it way better than standard.

looks like my dads old one

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers folks!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice although how many horns have you got there! must make one hell of a noise :P