Thread: Camber settings out?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Camber settings out?

Just had a quick search around here and have come to the conclusion that my camber is out.

my front tyres are wearing on the inside edges, so i first checked my tracking ( where i left it at 1 degree toe out) tyre pressure is correct at 32psi.It is lowered on eibach springs.

I can and have always been able to see the camber on the front wheels is this normal levels?

But i have just replaced the drop links and i am thinking that it could have made it worse.

The tyres have been on 9000ish miles and have 3mm on the outer edges but are running smooth on the inside so i am thinking that the camber is out.

I was always under the impression that you couldn't change the camber on a mk4 astra but it seems you can-would midpoint 18 in middlewich be able to sort it out for me?

Cheers Sam
    PRESTIGE BLUE ASTRA SRI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    quick fix i did on the front of mine was wheel off, loosen the top and bottom bolts on the strut/hub then just pulled the strut towards me and tightened up. not the best way to do it but there near enough straight now. Alternativly get some camber bolts and shims from lmf and get it set up properly

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Matt says thats the easiest way to sort the fronts out. Worked on a few cars I've had.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a similar problem, dont fancy playing with it myself, what would a garage charge to have a look (tracking too) and fix? an hours or two labour perhaps?
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...