Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help! Cdti 150 swirl flaps warranty

hI,
    After checking the swirl flaps on the car im pretty sure there is a problem (car missing, bar not moving etc). I didn't buy the car from a vauxhall dealer but i did get three months warranty. My question is do i take it to my local Vauxhall garage to get them to diagnose it or do i drive 40miles to the garage where i bought the car? I want to make sure they fix it properley and replace any parts rather than trying to make it last until its out of warranty (just over a month remaining).

Please help i realy dont know what to do!!

Thanks
    Chidzy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It will depend on the warranty you have been given with the car. You;ll first need to read through it to see what items are covered under warranty (possibley call them to check that the swirl flap problem is covered), and then contact your local Vauxhall dealer to see if they deal with that specific warranty company.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

warranty

The problem i have is on my receipt it is stated 3 months warranty but i am still yet to recieve details of my warranty from them. Does this mean i am entitled to assume that it is the garage's responsibility??(what do you think)
    I did remind them a couple of weeks ago that i hadn't recieved any info. They are a TVR/PROTON dealership so they are not some dodgy outfit (hopefully!) so fingers crossed they will have the means to sort it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would more than likely assume that 3 months warrant covers mechanical failure as well mate. Take it back and get them to fix it before the "warranty" runs out. Since the swirl flaps are not a consumable part e.g brake pads etc
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You should be issued with some sort of paperwork to show your warranty details, without that Id just take it back to them.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fixing it!

Does anybody know if the "swirl flaps" problem can cause any other problems? Obviously if the dealer will sort it i want to know they have replaced and sorted everything that needs doing. I have noticed quite a build up of oil at one end where i checked to see if they were working.
    Sorry to dribble on but its driving me nuts!
    Monday i will contact the dealer i just don't want to be taken for a muppet.

Thanks.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have just had the ongoing swirl flap problem on our 1.9 CDTI sorted. You will get a build up of gunge on one end, basically the flaps are sooted up and then wear out. They end up moving up and down slightly, allowing some particles to build up and leak.

Full rectify is a new inlet manifold - big $$$ from vauxhall direct, mainly due to labour as its a lengthy job.

We had ours done at Regal, to stop the problem coming back we have had the EGR blanked off and a remap along with the inlet manifold replaced. This will ensure the problem is unable to come back, along with upping power and reducing mpg

While ours was broken we noticed quite a dip in consumption, and laggy between gears on pickup.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply! Just trying to build a bit of an idea of what i should expect.
    If they look into the problem would it be fair to assume that the only solution is for a new manifold?

Thanks

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes its 100% a new manifold, only long term solution i'm afraid.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Nikon said basically,

To give you an idea of costs, my Vectra had this done last year, new EGR valve intake manifold etc. Cost of parts came to just shy of £350, labour to have it done will come in at around the same amount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast