Thread: This just gets better and better!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This just gets better and better!

Finally sorted out the reg transfer for the astra, so already ordered the shortened plates to fit, came home from the doovla, displayed the disc and set to work on the front plate. Yet another damn issue!

Took the plate off, started removing the old number plate tape. Now this bumper has had a respray or a blowover at some stage in it's life, and they have done this without removing the number plate tape. so when i started removing it i am left with a perfect tape line and a mismatch in colour either side of my shortened plate. i havent got a full size one to put on and don't really want one.

So looks like my black vinyl idea i was pondering on will have to be done in the not so distant future to tidy up the front. £5 of vinyl or £80 to respray the bumper. Just opt for the vinyl i think.....

I thought if respraying a bumper the tape would be removed, so must have been a bit of a half assed job. Granted it's behind a standard sized plate but why not just get rid of it before painting? Car is stuck in the garage till i can be arsed to get rid of all the old tape, then put plate on temp till i pick my vinyl and get it delivered.

Ahhh, happy days eh? And i aint even started with that big ass section on the tailgate yet that will also have to come off

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    raging mate
    GSi

Built not Bought