Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interested in Concorde?

http://www.save-concorde.co.uk/

Brilliant website, and good luck to all involved.
    Hopefully one day she will be back in the skies, even if just for air shows.
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As someone who has never even seen a Concorde on the ground before, let alone seen one in action, I would love to see them get at least one back in the air again. Best of luck to them.
    "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like all Hell" - Peter Brock
    My ride: 2007 Holden AH (Mk5) Astra CDX 1.8 A4

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the documentary last night on CH4, and although it flew when I was around, I never saw one in flight in person, never heard the sound ever. This is something that I wanted to see.
    It is a shame it had such a short life, although it hard best reliabilty of engine wear etc!
    We never know we may get to see these white aircrafts in the sky again, assuming British authoritys allow it to fly. (I believe it is banned to fly now as the engine noise is way over limit and fuel and emissions are awful!)
    But where else in the world could you fly at the speed of sound, drink campagne and play hit a golf ball on board a plane and it rolls perfectly straight down the aisle!
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree it was a very graceful aircraft and one that the Yanks politically sabotaged, however the cost of restoring it to airworthyness and then keeping it flying is going to be huge and is it really worthwhile?
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Getting the remaining Concordes back in to full passenger service is sadly never going to happen. In Nov 2003 after the last ferry flights British Airways and Air France scrapped Concorde's infastructure, they scrapped every thing needed to fly a daily passenger service, they threw away or sold at auctions countless parts, manuals etc needed to keep all their Concordes flying. They also got rid of computer databases which held data on every part of Concorde's life.

So most probably will be used at a few airshows etc IF it's ever allowed to fly again.

Luckily I faintly remember seeing them fly as a child and most definately remember the sonic boom. Such a shame they were put out of service the way they were.
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps