Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: new car help plz

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Gsi Jase's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,066
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    new car help plz

    ok chaps bros just bought a coupe turbo 67k courtney stage 1 remap 242bhp 275lbs torque.... i didnt go to view it as heavy nite on the lash ha ha

    any how...

    just seen it now as hes got back and stright away i noticed oil cuming from dumpvalve..???? sright away i thought 1106 as spanner came on the way home in it...

    so code 1106 which is boost sensor as ive heard about this..any one give me advice for symptoms?? 1106 and oil out dumpvalve???

    also he has a hole in cat (middle) tiny but when its cooling down can see smoke coming from it.... so.... if he decats it as he already has pre cat and cat back and has remap stage 1 courts map...wud the map need adjusting or will the ecu adjust??

    thats all for now guys.... any help wud be apprecated!...

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    afcbadam's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,573
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    1106 is usually the afm,

    oil in the dump valve/boost pipe usually means turbo seals are leaking oil past them so in essence a new turbo will be needed soon.

    he can just decat it, ecu/map wont need touching but be aware it will fail an mot with no cat in place
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Gsi Jase's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,066
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    1106 is usually the afm,

    oil in the dump valve/boost pipe usually means turbo seals are leaking oil past them so in essence a new turbo will be needed soon.

    he can just decat it, ecu/map wont need touching but be aware it will fail an mot with no cat in place


    Was thinking afm but thought 0100 wud come up rite?????

    yes also i sed to my bro turbo seals but its boost ok and no leaking any where..

    sound...yer decat will fail we can sort that out

    thanx mate

    any more ideas fella

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    afcbadam's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,573
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    when my afm went it bought 1106 and 0100 up, a leaking turbo can still boost up fine
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Gsi Jase's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,066
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    when my afm went it bought 1106 and 0100 up, a leaking turbo can still boost up fine

    so a leaking turbo can we just leave it?? and then when it goes he will buy a vxr one??

    and if he buys a vxr one will the map need adjusting and also the acuator??

    shall we try an oil restrictor bolt also will that make the turbo life longer??

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    afcbadam's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,573
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    if the turbo has gone a oil restrictor or thicker oil proberly wont help, you can leave it untill it fully goes but i wouldnt recommend it as it can blow oil through the exhaust and intercooler and completly clog it up, not a easy job to strip it and clean it out. the actuator will need to be wound down to around 4 threads and no the map wont need to be ultered.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Gsi Jase's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,066
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    if the turbo has gone a oil restrictor or thicker oil proberly wont help, you can leave it untill it fully goes but i wouldnt recommend it as it can blow oil through the exhaust and intercooler and completly clog it up, not a easy job to strip it and clean it out. the actuator will need to be wound down to around 4 threads and no the map wont need to be ultered.
    thats great mate your a star thanks for you advise and info

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    ste_h_88's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check the the threads on the actuator rod. past owner has probs wound it up
    Arden Blue Astra GSi




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •