Thread: cruise control and air con

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile cruise control and air con

Hi all, i bought my astra coupe 2.0 turbo 52plate a while ago and it isnt until now i have check the cruise control only to find i that its not working,i have read so many stories of what this may be ,when i press the button to activate it its very stiff and you have to apply lots of pressure to depress it,but nothing happens,i have had my master clutch cylinder replaced lately and brake discs and pads,also when i drive after a few miles my traction lite comes on the sign with the car sliding,could any of the above be to blame,im lost?, also i have the full air con system altho the fan infront of the condenser seems to be jammes when i try to spin it by hand im this will this be stopping my air con work ,, many thanks everyone?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could this be the afm,but the traction light doesnt come on when i remove the plugs from the hubs and leave them off ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Wouldn't think it's afm, as you said it's probably something they have knocked when doing discs, this would also affect the cc, there's a sensor on both wheels so you might want to take a look and see if the plugged in! As for aircon when the car gets hot do both fans work? If they do then it's something else at fault on your ac
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yas i got my cc working ,when my clutch was fully out it wasnt cuming that half inch further out to press the elctronic button ,depress the clutch and pushed the sensor forward a little,cc working perfect,did the pedal test to get the code 0100 maf sensor malfunction,got this part orderd up now so fingers crossed,as for the air con,no the condenser fan doesnt work at all it seems sumwhat siezed up and i dont appear to have any gas?