Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All mk4 + 5 astra ally adjustable , rose jointed drop links ........... pics

Status
    Trader
    Mentioned in
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add 888dan on Facebook

Thumbs Up All mk4 + 5 astra ally adjustable , rose jointed drop links ........... pics

Another little project i have been working on is finally nearly finished
    many many hours of design testing and machining work have gone into these .
    i aimed at the start of this project to be able to sell these a half the price of the whiteline ones and supply propper sealing boots with them .

they will be supplied at the standard length of 300mm as this is what i would advise unless you have changed to a damper with a lower mounting point .
    they can be moved to +/- 10 mm which is more than enough to enable an accurate setup of the front suspension .

these unlike the very flexie standard ones do not flex , and give an improved roll resistance and a more predictable and solid feel on the road and track
    . the rose joints are all individually replaceable , hard chrome spherical bearings with a bronze liner and are easily obtainable as will all the other parts if you are ever to damage only one of them , you will not have to replace the pair

the price of these will be £60 delivered to your door for AOC members with all hardwear zip ties , everything to fit them to your car . they will also be set at standard length out of the box , ready to fit . price is subject to change on ebay a little to cover fees

just a matter of finding the time to make the first lot of 10 sets in the next few weeks , would be nice to know you guys and gals thoughts on them .

as with everything i make group buys will get discount ,
    also plan to make these for pug 306 and 307

any questions always welcome

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

mods feel free to move this thread if i have put it in the wrong place like normal ............ cheers , dan

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I was making mine, I found that the above setup didn't have enough angle of misalignment, and would unscrew the lock nuts on full lock.

You also seems to be a bit short on bolts length and spacers which you'll need to keep all everything perpendicular when at normal ride height, as that will give max misalignment.

My version which defo works and was almost year in development, and has now had over 2 years of testing (inc passing 2 MOTs)...

Status
    Trader
    Mentioned in
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add 888dan on Facebook
    yea the bolts are not the actual ones that will be supplied, simply for representation ,
    the spacers used are of high misalignment design . there actually m12 rose joints that use an m10 bolt with correct spacing as i noticed there was not enough angle movement when moving the damper through max travel + full lock with no springs on . these are well clear of any binding up and hold the tie rods as perpendicular with a mcphearson strut as possible

the final spacers are also modified with a flat on them to allow a zip tie to hold the boot firmly in the correct place.

they look smart also mate nice work

Status
    Trader
    Mentioned in
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add 888dan on Facebook
    what are your thoughts on the 300mm length please bud ?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used imperial 1/2" ultra hi performance (teflon lined) joints with 3/8" high misalignment spacer reducers , the depth of which helps with perpendicular alignment.....

I couldn't reproduce mine for £60 tho

300mm between centres is perfect for standard ride height, and one can be locked off at the length prior to fitting. The other is best adjusted to fit the car at normal ride height, after the 1st one is fitted, to ensure there's on preloading of the bar. It's a small point, and not that critical, but if you can get rid of any preloading, then hey, why not

Status
    Trader
    Mentioned in
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add 888dan on Facebook
    yea i agree mate , illll get pics up of my spacers as they are a bit different to that, same idea , but side specific if you get me

Status
    Trader
    Mentioned in
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add 888dan on Facebook

custom cnc spacers supplied in kit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow! that kit looks a lot more complicated than i envisaged

altho i would defo like a set, the rebuild is nowhere near this stage so will probs just use standard when the time comes but defo would like a set in the future.

Good luck with the project but im sure these will fly out the door

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is that £60 a pair or £60 each?

Status
    Trader
    Mentioned in
    12 Post(s)