Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Them Pug 207s

Had an episode with one last weekend.

Saw this nutter in my rear view overtaking people wildly. The A6 was pretty much straight & long. Thought he wont be getting past me.

Overtook when i had the chance without doing it stupidly, but he was constantly hanging on my bumper - as in i couldn't see his plate. When we were behind traffic he was still on my bumper. In fact the only time i saw the plate of his car is when i dabbed my brakes to get him to back off.

Overtook the remaining traffic bar one (& for the good driving crusaders - again, this was done safely) & get stuck behind the last remaining car.
    Said car turns off so i floor it from a slow rolling start. He's either similar or stationary.
    A6 is now long, open & perfectly straight.

It was like i was towing the bloke he was that close. Couldn't shift him until we got to the top end speeds (no not 120mph) when he either backed off or i was finally able to pull away. He closed up again later on, so i don't know whether it was him backing off or me pulling away.

Get his plate & throw it into autotrader:

"PEUGEOT 207 SPORT SW HDI" vehiclelicence.gov.uk says it's a 1.6

Is it correct then that his motor should've given mine as much bother as it did or what? Looked like some tosspot businessman from what i saw.

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    Had an episode with one last weekend.

Saw this nutter in my rear view overtaking people wildly. The A6 was pretty much straight & long. Thought he wont be getting past me.

Overtook when i had the chance without doing it stupidly, but he was constantly hanging on my bumper - as in i couldn't see his plate. When we were behind traffic he was still on my bumper. In fact the only time i saw the plate of his car is when i dabbed my brakes to get him to back off.

Overtook the remaining traffic bar one (& for the good driving crusaders - again, this was done safely) & get stuck behind the last remaining car.
    Said car turns off so i floor it from a slow rolling start. He's either similar or stationary.
    A6 is now long, open & perfectly straight.

It was like i was towing the bloke he was that close. Couldn't shift him until we got to the top end speeds (no not 120mph) when he either backed off or i was finally able to pull away. He closed up again later on, so i don't know whether it was him backing off or me pulling away.

Get his plate & throw it into autotrader:

"PEUGEOT 207 SPORT SW HDI" vehiclelicence.gov.uk says it's a 1.6

Is it correct then that his motor should've given mine as much bother as it did or what? Looked like some tosspot businessman from what i saw.
    Depending on the engine, it may well be the 1.6 16v engine, in which case the revvy and pokey little engines for their size 120bhp.

Otherwise there is the 1.6 HDI which is 112bhp and oodles of torques.

EDIT just seen HDI on your post
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There are a few different versions accoring to parkers, 90bhp, 110bhp, 112bhp.

A fair bit slower to 60 than the Astra, but with the extra torque there wouldn't be much in it on a rolling start.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    It was like i was towing the bloke he was that close.
    Amazing how much the hole you make in the air aids the car behind at a close distance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I saw the stats on parkers & noticed a few variants. I took the most powerful one. I don't understand torque figures & never looked at weight either. I only went off the 0-60 but know there's much more to it than that...i just don't understand it, as it's "just numbers" to me lol.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats the same lump i had in my fiest zetec-s tdci

its a very capable unit and can be tuned to 150bhp easily and i have heard of some running 170 bhp

so add that power and torque to the small weight and you have a nippy wee motor

and i know my mapped zetec-s would have stuck with a 1.8 no probs what so ever up to 120
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Craig, didn't you have a MK4 GSI?

I was going through some olllllld posts in the autobiog forum & am sure i saw you with a GSI??

Well unless i'm imagining things, how does your MK5 cdti in its current state compare as i'm keeping my options open??

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have owned 2 GSI's now in my time

had a blue mk4 gsi
    a black mk4 gsi
    2 x golf GT TDI's
    a vectra gsi
    a golf mk3 gti
    a fiesta zetec-s tdci
    and now my mk5 150 cdti

the mk5 with the box on is an amazing car and would have given both my GSI's a run for their money
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hmm, i'd have had any of those at one point or another (except the Vectra).

My dilemma at the moment is going diesel (but last time i did that was when the diesel hike came in), OR, get a little put-put moped for going to work in the summer & buying a motor like the GSI (that setup would obviously be due to the running costs).

IF i was to go the diesel route (must admit it's the most likely), i'd be looking:
    MK4 Golf GT TDI (very likely the 130 variant)
    A3 1.9 TDI (or 2.0 TDI if i could afford)
    The 150 TDI Leon
    Astra MK5 CDTI 150

As my budget would likely be in the 4k region (i struggle to part with money, although could afford any of these new), reliability would be a main point, but re-sale value would also be important (the Astra would take a blow in that category i guess).

Not looking for this very minute, but keeping it in mind for some point in the near-ish future perhaps.

As you've had a bit of experience with these (including the GSI), what sort of 'order' would you stick them in & what'd be your reasoning?
    I know everyone's different etc, but you know what i mean

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mk4 golf is dated now so wouldnt go there

also same with A3 1.9

the leon 150 is also based on these two

so out that lot i would say the mk5 astra 150

break the piggy bank open and you will see a very nice one for £7.5k ish