Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dishwasher plumbing question

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got the above waste pipe from the dish washer, which is fixed.

And I want to be able to attach it to the white connector. What do I need to do this and where can I buy it?
    Also how can I go about extending the waste pipe by about 30cm easily?

I have looked round a whole bunch of diy shops and leaving empty handed

Any advice on this would be grateful

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would try a dedicated plumbing shop. Wickes and B&Q may stock the parts but the 16 year old pushing paint around wont know what to do!!!
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You should just be able to push the grey pipe over the spigot will take a good few attempts to do it then use a jubile clip to hold it, then run dishwasher to test it, if it doesnt seal it use silicon sealer and leave it a gud 12 hours b4 using the sink or dishwasher.
    I know its a bit of a bodge but i think you will be p'ing in the wind for the grey adaptor thats been cut of your dishwasher. im a plumber and i couldnt tell you were to get 1 from.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can buy an extension hose
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Washing-Machin...item3cabfba353

that might be able to sort the gray bit ur missing u will have to find some ridged pipe to go in the gray pipe off your dishwasher so you have got something to tighten the jubile clip 2 if you get what i mean
    hope this helps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input might try soaking the grey pipe in hot water and try fit it on the white fitting first.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The grey pipe should already come with a rubber fitment attatched.. its obviously been cut off, any plumbing merchants stock it as well as b&q ect not expensive to buy around £5... you can get extentions but be sure to pop a clamp on all ends as sometimes they easily pop off once the pump kick the water out. Item in ebay ad is exact what you want.
    What goes around,comes around!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plumbboy View Post
    You should just be able to push the grey pipe over the spigot will take a good few attempts to do it then use a jubile clip to hold it, then run dishwasher to test it, if it doesnt seal it use silicon sealer and leave it a gud 12 hours b4 using the sink or dishwasher.
    I know its a bit of a bodge but i think you will be p'ing in the wind for the grey adaptor thats been cut of your dishwasher. im a plumber and i couldnt tell you were to get 1 from.

Are you a member of the R.A.F plumbing institute??.... as in ruff as f**k!.. thats a bit of a bodge telling to do that clearly the pipes available at all merchants which comes with the grey push on attatchment and would cost less than poping in for clamps n silicone n all that shite, if your an apprentice youve alot of learning to do.
    What goes around,comes around!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well if you can tell me which merchants stock it, just the rubber push fit adaptor i will gladly use them. Only been in the game ten years and never had to replace anybodys kitchen cuboards so tryied n tested it does work

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nick off the spigot trap where the gray pipe ataches make sure have enough slack on the gray pipe beacuse you have to loop. Make an _n_ shape with pipe and this pipe reallly should be as high as can get it to the top of the cupboard as you can get it. Because the dishwasher waste has a pumped outlet, if it goes straight in the chances are it will keep filling ur sink up with dishwasher waste not gud