AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    Add Glowstone on Facebook

Wiring Problem, next steps?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    "Act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for the whole world"
    Immanuel Kant

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    Add Glowstone on Facebook
    Hi Guys...

Above is the source of my problem....

The red dot is where 2 (not one shown on here) black wires lead onto the ignition switch circuit...line 15!...the line above that ( line 30) is the Battery + route...I am unsure what line A is though.

When I connect the two SW/Black wires to terminal 9 on the Hazard switch (S27), or when they are both joined together regardless of being attached to terminal 9, I loose control of the speedo, the Reverse lights and the Indicators, blowing Fuse F29.
    I have disconnected and separated the 2 black wires and F29 is not blowing now....so I simply deduced the issue is between the Hazard switch and F29.

What I need to know is that can I expect to find some kind of junction point (the black dot on line A immediatly above the red dot), and that should I be able to further isolate and identify this area, what are the common kinds of signs of damage I could find?

I am concerned that there are 2 Black wires leading to terminal 9 on the Hazard switch....I was thinking that once I identify the area and wire path..that i would just bypass the existing set up and run a new line through, replacing the wiring.....I am left wondering why theres 2 wires?

Sorry for all the info etc..I wanna learn as well as resolve this problem as I got my MOT next month.

Many thanks dudes!
    Martyn
    "Act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for the whole world"
    Immanuel Kant

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The wiring diagram is simply a line diagram and does not neccessarily translate exactly to what you see on the car. There are 3 black dots showing in the diagram on the horizontal wire (15) and all wires are marked "sw". The junction point you are looking for may just be where the 2 black wires join.
    One wire possibly carrying the feed from the fuse to the hazard switch and the other carrying the feed to the next component e.g. item S5.
    Check the two wires to see which is live and put that one temporarily to terminal 9 and see what works and if the fuse blows.
    The other wire probably has a short on it somewhere further down the line. Like most electrical faults, takes hours to find and minutes to fix.