AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer headunit - how to run the ipod

I have this stereo in the link

http://alatest.co.uk/user-reviews/ca...-32388576,136/

Got shite reviews but i like it Anyway i know i can run a standard aux cable from it to the ipod but this would not charge it at the same time. I know there is a specific lead that has the two ends on it. has the ability to play the sound whilst using the stereo to charge the ipod when being used. I can't find it online anywhere.

Anyone help me out? what lead do i need and where can i get it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty sure you cant charge an iPod thro the headphone jack.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know, but there is a specific lead that has the two fitments coming from it. one end into the back of the pioneer stereo, the other end goes into 2 parts (i think) one fitment is the standard aux and the other is the charging fitment, it charges off the headunit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah right i get ya, shame you dont have usb on the HU as you can just use the USB cable to play and charge.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having a nosey around, and instead of buying the pioneer connect thing at around £70 i have found a few methods

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPod-AUX-Pione...ht_2766wt_1137

Would this method compromise the sound quality? also would this be the only lead needed? meaning i would not need an aux to aux lead

also found this lead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-IPOD-C...f#ht_500wt_928

This looks far better to me but the red and black wires with connectors worry me. where would they connect to and what is their purpose. also would this make the headunit control the ipod or would it have to be controlled on it's own.

Thanks for any help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been talking to someone on another forum who has the same headunit as me. he has this item

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-IPOD-L...c#ht_500wt_928

Now comparing that to the other link in my above post this one has the 3.5 jack attached, but the other does not. also it plugs into the changer socket. So would the 3.5 jack be needed or would it play sound through the aux using the lead in the above post?

And just to ask another question, i found out that the red and black lead is for live and earth. could these be tapped into the stereo harness? if so what lead would i attach them to?

Sorry for the 20q but i never mess with car audio unless it's straight iso to iso, anything else and i am out of my depth.....

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    It's hard to see what connector the first leads going to have on the end of it. The one in the first picture looks nothing like any connector on the back of your headunit and the other pic just shows rca connectors

The second lead looks better and will plug into the cd port. The red and black wires will be for power and earth as the pioneer doesn;t carry these wires in the changer connection

The ebay add says make sure you can activate your aux in on the headunit so i'd say no it won;t control via the headunit

Pioneer do their own adaptor but it's not compatiable with 1st and 6th gen ipods http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4928.html

EDIT to save another post

I'd say that second link gives you more options on what you plug in. Yes the wirng can be taken from the stereo. Pioneers usually go to permeament live (yellow) and earth (black)
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers dude, one more quick question before i purchase

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-IPOD-L...c#ht_500wt_928

This one has a 3.5 jack and the other one does not. would the jack be needed? as obviously the lead i posted the link for previously did not have one. how would the audio be transmitted?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Audio would go through the ipod connector, the 3.5mm jack just gives you more options on what you plug in
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent, easier than i thought then. will buy the lead, wire it into the harness and post the pictures when i blow myself up

Cheers again