Thread: Android applications

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Android applications

Was in the local o2 today & saw the signal issue on the iPhone4 first hand. Not good for a £500 phone.

There's the SE X10 which is a possibilty

& then the HTC Desire which seems to get incredible reviews time & time again.

I read that the iPhone apps dwarf the Android apps in terms of how many there are, but that the Android app numbers are on the up & up. There are thousands.

So i google this to see what you get .... & find websites that offer only hundreds, NOT thousands.

Are they typically downloaded via the phone then & not websites or what? Is there an Android community which i can't find?

Top Android apps? Anyone with the HTC Desire?

Feedback please

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iphone apps out number the android apps, you can get some app that cross over the different platforms ie facebook etc.

X10 is good but don't get the mini I had the HTC desire but not too keen on it as android like to keep you connected to the net and the phone will not work properly if you turn that side off. Where as the iphone will connect as and when you wat it to.

All of the iphone apps have been hacked so you don't have to pay for them.

Top apps on the android really depends on what you want.. I had facebook, fuel calcualtor, toilet finder (you can get it on the iphone) but to be honest none of the apps appealed to me.

Only thing I will say if be careful. As now alot of mobile firms will not cancel a contract within 14 days. so go to the store and play with the phones have alook at the apps download them (it cost you nothing) and then make you mind up, but just liek buying a car, if your not happy with anything walk away!!!

iphone apps can come down via phone ot itunes, android apps via phone only.. there are loads of groups for both android and iphone, but most iphne groups will be mac users from experinace
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only certain android apps will work on certain android OS's. Not all Android phones run the same version of android OS so you have some people talking about an amazing app that you can't get because you don't have the same OS version.

Also the the Android OS has to be one of the worst phone OS's on the market, the amount it crashes is a joke.

I've just gone from Android to OS4 and I can safely say I will never be looking back...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Android is by far the best OS you can get on a phone. yes you dont get as many apps as you do on the iphone but you get all the same useful app that you need like facebook twitter etc

you need to go on the market from the phone aswell, there are 1000s of apps, iv only looks through a small amount as i get tired shifting through so many apps. theres more than enough

all apps work across the android OS's the only problem you can get is because of resolution diffrences some can be smaller on your screen than they would be on another android phone.

oh and you can do far more with an android phone than you can with an iphone plus you get a much better and quicker phone if you go for something like the HTC desire and you also get flash aswell which the iphone will not be getting

this gives you an idea

http://www.break.com/index/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo.html

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've got the x10 and love it, i originally wanted the iphone but thought i would go for something different, especially considering i had a sony ericsson before.

In terms of applications, there very good, but they're not as good as the selection of apps for the iphone. That said, they are on the way up in terms of choice as lots more people are buying android phones.

I'm deffo a fan of android and would say android phones, mainly the x10 all the way!
    Op-Com (Derby), Can travel at extra cost, PM me for details or click HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Iv got the x10 mini and there are thousands of apps when i use the little icon in the corner.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got an x10 and i love it, battery life isnt great tho! my brother has an iphone and constantly having problems with it, n from what he said there r more free apps on the x10 with android os than on the iphone! plus iphone has a 3.2mp camera where as the x10 is an 8!! dont know bout the htc tho

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Big up the android massiv!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've got the x10 and love it, i originally wanted the iphone but thought i would go for something different, especially considering i had a sony ericsson before.

In terms of applications, there very good, but they're not as good as the selection of apps for the iphone. That said, they are on the way up in terms of choice as lots more people are buying android phones.

I'm deffo a fan of android and would say android phones, mainly the x10 all the way!
    Op-Com (Derby), Can travel at extra cost, PM me for details or click HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike666 View Post
    Android is by far the best OS you can get on a phone. yes you dont get as many apps as you do on the iphone but you get all the same useful app that you need like facebook twitter etc

you need to go on the market from the phone aswell, there are 1000s of apps, iv only looks through a small amount as i get tired shifting through so many apps. theres more than enough

all apps work across the android OS's the only problem you can get is because of resolution diffrences some can be smaller on your screen than they would be on another android phone.

oh and you can do far more with an android phone than you can with an iphone plus you get a much better and quicker phone if you go for something like the HTC desire and you also get flash aswell which the iphone will not be getting

this gives you an idea

http://www.break.com/index/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo.html
    I had Android 1.6 and apps designed for Android 1.6 above weren't even available on the App Market.

What can you do with an Android you can't with an Iphone4?

In what way is the phone 'better' & 'quicker'?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast