AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Help!!

Ok, so driving home from work yesterday climbing up through the revs in second gear when i got to about 4500rpm there was a pop and the car took a slight nose dive like i had hit the limter. Got it home, noticed that it wouldn't idle properly and that it wasnt driving right. Turned her back on when i got back and she died on me straight away. Now i was hoping that it was the pipe on the bottom of the turbo that had popped off, but alas it wasnt to be. Checked all air feeds this morning and tightened them up. Now idles a little better but still doesnt feel right when driving. I used to get a bit of bite back when i let off the gas through normal driving, presumably because of the aftermarket dumpvalve(it never did this before i fitted it so i presume it was that - has driven fine for about 18 months since).

Any idea as to what it could/may be? The car doesnt smoke so i dont think its turbo, water cap still looks good, no custardy build up, nor on the oil cap so dont think it was the head etc. My next possibility is the one way valve has given up the ghost? Got the service light on and my TC light on.

Will give a new one way valve a go later but has anyone any ideas? It does seem to me as if the aftermarket dump valve isnt as loud any more so i am hoping it is that, but as i was convinced it was the turbo pipe until i checked im not holding my breath. Anyone had similar or have any ideas? I know i'll get told to search the forum but would the break test thing help to get a fault code/reset the car? As far as i could tell this morning it didnt seem to have lost power so im kind of stumped.

Any advice appreciated before i take it into vauxhall on Monday.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you done the pedal test to find out if there are any fault codes ? if not do it.. to reset them disconnect the battery for 20mins , but make sure you have radio codes handy ect..
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Ok, well done the pedal test, from what i gather 10 flashes is a 0? in which case i have the fault code P0100. Suggests the afm(maf)? not sure if this is the case though as i dont see how that would go with a pop?

Have changed the one way valve today and that seems to make no difference, has anyone ever had the actual dump valve go on them before? I have a baileys dv26 or 56, cant remember off the top of my head but one of them rings a bell. Is it possible to run both the OE DV and the aftermarket one? As in if i remove the one way valve and have both plumbed in then surely one of them will work allowing me to get to a garage without causing damage to the turbo.

It could well be the MAF but i dont see how it could be that thats gone and it still drive fine. Seems to drive A-OK apart from the fact that it is no longer as 'lumpy' to drive through town when the baileys worked properly, that and the f**cker still wont idle right. Before when i let of the gas during normal town driving it was never as smooth as standard but now if anything it picks up a little pace. Want to get it seen to properly before i drive it daily again. If i take it to vaux though are they just going to reccomend going back to standard? Never really had to get the garage to troubleshoot a modified car before....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Also, if i were to change a few things to try and resolve, would the lights stay on and it drive fine until i reset it or would it still be rough as a bag of nails until i reset the codes? I like modding, but problem determination sucks the big one! I just want it to work now, looking forward to it driving right and being able to give it a good drive to say thankyou when it decides to behave again though.

Beginning to think maybe it could be the DV, or i wasnt exactly with it when i swapped the one way valve and have replaced a faulty one with one facing the wrong way. That said i've gone through so many things in the last 24hrs maybe i dont have a damn clue.....