Thread: New Astra, Cruise control fault

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Astra, Cruise control fault

2010 Astra. With only 2000 miles on clock Cruise Control would cut off on occassions, eventually cruise control would not engage. After three visits to garage, including a period of 10 days, during which Vauxhall supplied loan car the cruise control brake sensor was replaced. However problem has returned. I am unlucky or is any one else having this problem?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My old VXR did this, turned out to be a knackered CIM.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem with my 10 plate sri. I have noticed the cruise control doesn't work when the following is also happening: When im driving along without the cruise control on if I take my foot off the accelerator the car judders similar to when you drop the clutch. This is an intermittent fault and when I took it in to be looked at they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my mates dad has new astra and we noticed on motorways when cruise control was engaged if you hit any bump in road the cruise control would cut off, i work for vauxhall and we have not heard of any faults as yet but we are trying to bottom this out when he books it in with me lol

also i have had a customer complaining that the cruise control doesnt seem to slow itself when going on downhill bits of road, again no fault found

what did the garage say to yourself?? just trying to help my customers lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmansam87 View Post
    also i have had a customer complaining that the cruise control doesnt seem to slow itself when going on downhill bits of road, again no fault found
    Regarding the downhill not slowing itself down, the CC doesnt do the braking just the accerating, If the car goes downhill the CC wont accelerate but momentom of the car going downhill will increase speed unless you actually brake, Its the law of gravity im afraid.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cruise control going down a hill senses your increase in speed and starts too close throttle to try and compensate you and keep the speed around what u desire as best as poss,but obvoiusly a 45 degree hill or sumthing,it struggles
    "WHATS THE RETAIL ON ONE OF THOSE?" "MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD PAL . . . .888

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by pleasure driver View Post
    2010 Astra. With only 2000 miles on clock Cruise Control would cut off on occassions, eventually cruise control would not engage. After three visits to garage, including a period of 10 days, during which Vauxhall supplied loan car the cruise control brake sensor was replaced. However problem has returned. I am unlucky or is any one else having this problem?
    Hi ,my 10 plate sri been doing same thing ,this is on top of a long list of other things, i am so sick of the car i have rejected it and its on way back to lutonfor assesment as we speak,there is a fix for cruise control,its to do with the other fault with flickering brake lamps ! My car has already had new drop links to cure a knock but it didnt for long,bad rattles from rear,faulty window regulator,brake lamp ecu upgrade,wiper repair,new thermostat,engine ecu upgrade that cures all the jerking in traffic,afl light been repaired,and so the list goes on,i am in a bitter row with gm at present,so good luck mate !!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi i have had the same problems with my new astra CC cutting off, got it back from garage yesterday and they said vauxhall are looking into the problem may be a few months. I am also the same that i have had numerous problems.

jeffk - you mentioned you have sent your car back? How did you manage this, who did you speak to have they given you another car in the mean time? Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by actionman View Post
    Hi i have had the same problems with my new astra CC cutting off, got it back from garage yesterday and they said vauxhall are looking into the problem may be a few months. I am also the same that i have had numerous problems.

jeffk - you mentioned you have sent your car back? How did you manage this, who did you speak to have they given you another car in the mean time? Thanks
    Hi mate,i originally took car back because of all faults which were fixed for a short while,then when the next lot started i rejected it under sale of goods act,they said let us have one more attempt ,so i agreed ,it has now gone back to luton tech centre,they gave me astra courtesy car but the brake lamps failed so have at present got insignia,its not easy but first give a letter to your dealer and copy to gm customer assistance,then phone them every day untill you get it sorted,if mine aint rite when it gets back,i will want a replacement dont be fobbed off it shoudnt have these faults and the cars are not exactly cheap ,hope this helps,jeff

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Jeff I am currently trying to deal with it but the manager of the garage i bought it from is on Holiday for 2 weeks which isn't very handy. let me know your out come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast