Thread: astra van 2001 1.7 dti cranks but doesnt start

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra van 2001 1.7 dti cranks but doesnt start

hi i have a 2001 astra van 1.7 dti, popped into a shop on friday jumped back in and it wouldn't start, just cranks over and does nothing else, seems like its trying to start but doesnt fire up, waited for rac and they said no fuels getting to the engine, he used easy start and it was trying to start, it fired up but as soon as he stopped spraying engine stopped and it did not sound healthy. i know it needs a service but i dont think thats got anything to do with it. my mate just plugged in his computer and these codes have come up

p0704 - clutch switch malfunction

p1125 - critical system malfunction 2- boost pressure ( my mates thinks this its because of the crank sensor, as he plugged in his computer the rpm didnt show on his computer or something)

p0370 - pump position sensor incorrect signal

p0251 - spill valve malfunction (injector pump)

p0380 - glow device general error

he also said that it could be crank sensor but this car doesn't have one according to autodata, i'm so lost and i'm not very mechanicly minded

car was driving great before this, just randomly would not start also like to mention i believe this is the izuzu engine, someone please guide me the right way really need to get it started

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Clear the faults and start again, as these faults will most likely be caused by over cranking and easy start, warning do not over do the easy start. If there is no signal from the crank sensor it will not start. Un plug the crank sensor and using a volt meter set to ac you should be getting a minumum of 0.7 volt ac, (During cranking) if not the sensor is duff. Other problems to cause this fault are air in the system and a faulty EDU.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi where is the crank sensor on this car and what tool do i need to get it off
    I'm not using that easy start stuff the RAC guy did

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The crank sensor is located at the back of the engine below the starter motor, is a pain in the arse to get to but you can only get from beneath.

P0251 does look like a EDU malfunction, this would also stop fuel getting to the engine.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    guys i was wondering if the crank sensor is faulty would fuel still get to the engine?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There will be no fuel to the engine if the crank sensor is u/s