Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should i be paying tax on this ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Should i be paying tax on this ??

Right after talking with guys at both my jobs aswell as looking about on the net etc i still cant work out if i should be paying tax or not

For my first part time job im a delivery driver for PizzaHut I only do 8hours a week and get paid close to £100 every 2weeks. i dont show as paying taxd on this job

For my second part time job at halfords where the hours change but for Eg this month i was paid £549 and taxed £118

I dont think i should be paying anywhere near that amount of tax on what im earning!? I sent away a P46 when i started there but im still on BR ?

so ye basicly.....am i getting ass ******* by the Taxman and the gov like i seem to at every point in my life or is there something wrong ?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate i ern £1280 (topline) a month and i get taxed like £250 of that so i pay the same tax as you on the whole..
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That tax sounds about right mate, depending how much you earn over the year youll possibly qualify for a refund too

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it maye be that the inland revenue think halfords is your second job, so youll get taxed more

i work for 3 different contractors, and the works seasonal so when i start doing regular work for one of the agencys i work for, ie ill do say 4 month with one company then move my tax code, 4 months for the other then move my tax code and 4 months for the 3rd again ill move my tax code,

youll be able to claim it all back if your been over taxed

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Based on that you would earn over £9k in a year, so yes you should be paying tax. Although that does sound a lot, £1.5k in tax over the year. You should only be taxed on the last 2k your earning IIRC, so you should pay about £400.

Very rough figures, but thats how I would see it. Not sure if you get hit harder though because the income is over two jobs instead of one?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no one else that does roughly the same hours gets taxed atall ? even some of the guys that are doing more hours than me at halfords and making more than me doing the 2jobs are only getting £30-40 off there pay

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep thats around 20% so thats normal

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike666 View Post
    no one else that does roughly the same hours gets taxed atall ? even some of the guys that are doing more hours than me at halfords and making more than me doing the 2jobs are only getting £30-40 off there pay
    Thats about right then with my above figures, £30-£40 a month would be £360-£480 a year

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    alright am i right in thinking the tax is taken from what i earn over the whole year ?

the fact im doing to jobs at the same time wouldnt change this ?

ye i can deal with £30-£40 being taken because i know everyone ends up paying tax but right now it feels im getting scewed at ever bend.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1988m View Post
    yep thats around 20% so thats normal

as above, 20% in my mind is the going rate, i alway work my after tax pennys out at 19% this is to include national insuranse also,

and it generally come up to +/- a few ££

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast