Thread: once again another post regarding my shite gear change issue

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

once again another post regarding my shite gear change issue

just wondering whats best to do next regarding my gears on my astra, 1.6 8v z16se, f13 gearbox i believe.

problem is when changing gear it feels tight as if im working against a friction getting it to go into gear, if im on motorway or high speeds and wanting to go down from 5th to 4th then to 3rd for example its tight but does go into gear... just wondering whats causing this as its been pissing me of a while now, gearbox oil changed, mollyslip added, gear linkage re-built using the how to on here, tried the powerflex front engine mount insert - all which has been a waste of time and money so far, if i give a slight rev the gears do tend to go in better.
    mechanic had a drive and said if it was him he would wait untill it breaks as he didnt really feel anything to be an issue. cars done 106000 miles. would love to know that if i put a new clutch in it would solve it but knowing my luck it wont...dunno what to do next. are these gearboxes prone to feeling shite ? have read a few gear issues on mk 4 astras

cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate,i had the same problem so i changed the gear linkage and now is running much better and smoother gear changes,have to tried bleeding the clutch,might help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi bud, meant to say i tried that also, no difference, i thought maybe the linkage wasnt aligned correctly but once its locked in place then that should be it, vx mechanic told me the clutch and was very sure of himself but i dont know..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    someone did mention the clutch plate dragging...