Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Time to spend on the SRi-T...

Hello people,

My car has been great since I've owned it, apart from it developing the dreaded smoking issue. It burps clouds of blue smoke when I pull away from lights and when its on a hot idle it chuffs away slightly whiter but oily horrible smelling smoke. It uses a shit load of oil and my turbo is standard @ 78,000 miles so I'm almost certain its the cause of the smoke.

I'm going to go for a VXR Turbo mainly as its a cost effective option, however I need to know exactly what to buy etc...

I went to Vauxhall and got them to price me up the whole lot but it came to £968 in VAT which I then got down to trade price as my uncle used to be mates with the guy who was doing it. That price included various new hoses and a new crankcase breather pipe as mine is blocked with crap...

The turbo though comes up at £550 odd and I'm sure I recall it being available cheaper elsewhere?

Also I would quite like to get it mapped after having all this done, do red dot offer a parts fitting service or are they just tuners?

Thanks very much, Joe.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a VXR turbo for sale in the FS&W section mate at £270 I believe. The new VXR turbo now has the same part no. as the old type so regardless of what you order from vauxhall now I think you're only getting one type (the newer type).

Be sure it's the turbo first though, if it's just doing it when hot I would guess it isn't and could be something else (piston rings).

It should bellow lots of smoke even when at cold idle too if its the turbo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    www.autovaux.co.uk mate about 540 i think everything u need

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if it puffs on start up it could be valve stem seals, it's at the correct milage or them to go.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    give CR turbo's a call, get an uprated one for not much more than most sell std ones...

have a look at the oil restrictor as the Ko4 doesnt exactally like bein bolted on the LET engine, its a matter of debate and some may tell you its bolloks but there is good reason to fit it and for 20 quid its hardly a bank breaker.

check your i/c pipes, if its full of oil ie more than a little bit, its prob the turbs.
    Just Another GSi Build Thread (Big BHP Build) - Feedback Thread (Comments appreciated )