Thread: Roof Bars - help!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Roof Bars - help!

Hi all - my first (and probably only) post! I'm hiring a Zafira to take 5 mates on a camping trip and obviously space is at a premium with all the kit. A couple of mates have roof boxes, and the hire company have said we can fit one as long as we don't trash the car - but the Zafira won't have roof bars or rails already on it so we've got to find out own.

Obviously we don't want to spend big on new stuff, so we're looking to hire or get cheap second hand stuff. Thing is, we don't even know what exactly we're looking for! I've established we can fit roof bars without rails... but how much of the kit we need is specific to the Zafira, and how much is universal?!

Any help for a complete amateur would be much appreciated. Pictures would be extremely awesome! We're not picking up the car until the morning of the trip so not much room for getting the wrong stuff...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Pop in to halfords I would say and have a look oe eBay do you know what year Zafira it is your going to get

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a set of Halfords universal bars, cost about £45 with the Vauxhall specific mounting kit. No rails on my motor. Done us proud, when we moved house I took the contents in and on my car, 17 loads in 2 days
    Be Happy