Thread: Sri

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sri

Evening folks new member here. Currently have a Honda civic type s. However I have seen in a local vauxhaul dealer a 6 month old 1.8 sri xp, demo model with 800 miles on the clock. Back in 06 I used to have a 1.8 sri but this was the old model with the 125bhp engine. Does anyone know how the two cars compare? Much obliged for any answers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    according to parkers the old 1.8 is the quicker to 60 but the mk5 has a very slightly higher top speed

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    new ones alot heavier thats why but the VVT engines better then the old Z18xe

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks folks. I think I am gonna have it. Will let you know how I get on.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update. I bought sri got what I wanted for the civic and am well pleased with my new motor. BUT I get it home and notice a deep chip on top of one of the offside rear alloy spokes (looks like a tool had been dropped on it) TBF you can only see it when the wheel is in a certain position,so they may not have known about it. So I ring VX and not sure who i need to talk to,hold on for an operator then get message no 1 available,please leave a message and we will ring you back within 30 mins,I leave a message about the prob,3hrs and no call so I ring again and finally get to talk to the bloke who sold me the car. I tell him the story and he says he is happy to have it put right for me,he will talk to the alloy bloke and ring me back. 2 days and no call back.So this morn I ring and ask to talk to the alloy bloke, tell him the story, he has no idea who I am so obviously nobody has spoken to him. I tell him what the salesman said and he says he will speak to him and ring me back. This was 10am today and nobody has rung me back. So folks what would you do next?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt bank on them sorting it mate, you have no way of proving that it was done before you had the car

good luck tho..
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by low3sy View Post
    i wouldnt bank on them sorting it mate, you have no way of proving that it was done before you had the car

good luck tho..
    Yea I know and was expecting that.So just rung em to see what they would say.And they said they were happy to do it. But now they dont return my calls as promised.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you got pics of the new car then mate?
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by low3sy View Post
    you got pics of the new car then mate?
    Will put some up when I recharge the camera. Looks very nice or at least it does until the alloy starts to corrode

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it wont corrode mate, a lil nic on the alloy is nothing, you should have seen the state on my pentas when i got the car

what colour is yours mate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast