Thread: smoke /metal ring in intercooler pipe with pics

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

smoke /metal ring in intercooler pipe with pics

my zafira gsi has just started to smoke , firstly when waiting behind some 1 in a petrol station car just ticking over when i went to move i seen a puff of smoke from the exhaust , then again after filling up went to pull away and seen another , since then the car is randomly smoking and the oil check light has come on , iv removed the top inter cooler pipe which seems to have excessive amounts of oil in it also when i removed the lower intercooler pipe again seems to have excessive oil and also had a metal ring off something init (looking at the rebuild kits it seems to be part of the turbo),
    im presuming its the turbo seals gone so have been looking at a new turbo/rebuild kits and think il be going for the home rebuild due to the costs of a new unit and the fact that my boss at work is handy with a spanner , basically can any 1 tell me what the metal ring is from my lower intercooler pipe and where i can get a kit to refit the turbo after its been rebuilt , i presume il need new studs/nuts and manifold gasket is there anything else i will need ?or is there a complete kit i can buy to save me having to source loads of seperate parts ,
    thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Turbo , will start whnning soon , be carefull . Mine completely seized once. , exac same ring on my first turbo I blew n the lower cooler pipe

Do you get a scouring noise frm the turbo wen u rev it. And backing off boost
    Project red coupe turbo , to fast and to much to list.south Wales region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearce View Post
    Yeah. Turbo , will start whnning soon , be carefull . Mine completely seized once. , exac same ring on my first turbo I blew n the lower cooler pipe

Do you get a scouring noise frm the turbo wen u rev it. And backing off boost
    I did mate ended up black smoke pourin out and couldnt drive it no more than 20mph rearly
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers fro the replies
    thats the car off the road now till its fixed , any 1 know the best/fastest place to get the turbo fitting kit?dont realy want to use my local vauxhall as there complete idiots and on more than 1 ocasion have supplied me with the wrong parts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im not 100% but i think nyrox bought one of ebay??
    HTH

Adam
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT