Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Elite 2.0CDTi just ordered.

Hello there

After driving Land Rovers for the last 7 years I have decided to come back to the Astra way of things. Previous car was an Astra 2.2 Coupe which was great fun so really looking forward to the new purchase, just got to wait till early September now.

Will probably look to get the ECU remapped once I've put a few miles on the clock, do I take it Thorney are the people to speak to given I work in Milton Keynes?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah thorney will sort you out, although i dont think they have anything ready yet for the J . But to be honest it does'nt matter where you live thorney will travel to your local vauxhall dealer.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Provided that your dealer is a Thorney Performance Centre.

congrats on the purchase mate, I have the 2.0CDTi in an SRi and love it. What colour/options you gone for?

Thorney will have a map ready in the next couple of weeks. I've been keeping in close contact with them about getting mine mapped, it'll be one of the first to be done .

Make sure you've done at least 1,000miles before getting it mapped.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys. Went with the tech grey paint and added the parking sensors. Will certainly get in touch with Thorney once it's done a couple of thousand, I drive past there place in MK each day. What sort of mpg are you getting?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a silver 2.0cdti elite too , im getting 39mpg at the mo ,its just done 900miles , mostly in town ... im thinking of getting a tuning box instead of a remap .. just personal preference .. that way i can always resort to standard at anytime , and can always reuse box on another car or sell it if i sell the car ....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have tried a tuning box on a TD5 Discovery and it was rubbish, had the engine remapped and the difference was amazing. Talking to the guy who did the remap he was basically saying that every engine is slightly different and as such a remap is unique to your engine where as a box is a more general tune to work with everything.

Guess its down to personal choice in the end though. Looking forward to 39mpg after 27mpg with the Discovery.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on what sort of driving you're doing mate. I do mostly A roads and long journeys and mine is mid 50's. The mpg indicator in the car isn't very accurate, but go off the range from a full tank, then divide it by 10, as the J has a 10gallon tank.

And I'm going remap because it's covered under warranty (my service manager is a member on my club, so would know if I boxed it), and all the tuning boxes seem to be to me is the 20p resistor mod in a posh casing (my own opinion of them before the masses descend)
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    GazTD I will keep an eye out for when you get yours done and will be keen to hear what you think of it. I agree with you about tuning boxes, really don't see the point.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well it arrived this week and have to say its been worth the rather long wait. Will post some photos on the weekend once its had a good clean.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Paul. I'm still waiting for the map to be ready, but my springs have arrived and it's getting lowered next weekend.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast