Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ECU? 1.7 DTI eco4 - please help

Hello guys new on here.

Got a waring light with spanner on dash took it to garge and they said is was the map sensor? fitted a new one but the light is still on, garage thinks its the ECU which cost over £600??

HELP!

Where is the ECU located and also whats an EDU?
    Are they common faliures?
    Car drives fine not much power but doesnt cut out or anything.

Cheers for any help you can give me.
    Paul

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not sure if the eco 4 is the gm or isuzu engine but mine is isuzu and the edu is a common problem. Unlikely to be the ecu tho which is found right on the top of the engine with two big plugs going into it and this controls the whole lot of the car. However the edu is the unit bolted to the injection pump at the bk of the engine and is a common prob due to dry soldered joints! Got to be honest tho u have to take a good look at it and see what its like as mine basically blew up inside. If u have a search here then you'll find threads showing u how its done! However best thing is to read the codes yourself and then ask on here what they mean to get a hand with ur problem. If u sit in the car and push the accelerator to the board along with the brake and turn the ignition till you lights come on. Now at this point the light with the spanner will either 1) flash (more than 10 times) continously to tell you there is no faults stored. Or 2) it will flash anywhere between 1 and 10 times with a short pause inbetween the after 4 of these there will be a long pause. After which the light will either flash another 4 times with a pause inbetween to give u another code or it will stay out telling you there is no more codes stored!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh yeah and 1 flash to 9 flashes denotes figures 1 to 9 and 10 flashes denotes the figure 0! So 10 flashes then a pause with 4 plus a pause then 10 with a pause followed by another 10 denotes code 0400, egr valve issues!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks,

so if I've read it right the error code is: 1 1 0 5

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yet another example of Iv'e got a fault code reader garage, plug it in and fault code reader says MAP sensor! When the component is replaced at your expense and it does not fix the proplem they are left scratching their heads with the next thoughtful phrase that comes to mind 'could be this or could it be that' if they did some proper diagnostic work they might get the correct answer before they end up changing just about every other related component on the vehicle on a try it and see basis; again at your expense and to the benifit of their mechanics learning curve. I hope they checked the whole system for a vacuum leak and the MAP sensor associated wireing for defects before changing it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They didnt check anything, they read the code and replaced it with the map sensor.
    The error still shows but checking what it means (Barometrischer pressure sensor) they did take off the new sensor and didnt charge me for it.

So its going to go into vauxhall in the morning, Am I going to get shafted?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When was the vehicle last serviced?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i used to have a 1.7 DTI Eco4 and it was the Isuzu Y17DT lump under the bonnet.
    Astra H 1.7 CDTI Life (80hp ) with a few extras
    Incl, SMD dash conv, CC, Half Leather, 3-line display, CheckControl, ComfortClosure, Angel Lights, Front Fogs, Insignia Washer Jets + more

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They said 8 months ago but i'm not convinced.
    Going to put fresh oil in asap.

Is there any service guides anywhere.

And is that fault code a cause for concern?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It looks like somthing may be interfering with air flow diesels need good air flow, check the air cleaner is not blocked up and that all the ducting is fitting properly, there are so many things it could be so start with the obvious first, if you can't be sure of the service history a service would be a good place to start to rule out the basics. A service on these vehicles are pritty stright forward but you must take care to ensure the fuel filter is fitting properly and that you top up the filter housing with fuel before fitting the top back on as any air in the system will cause a starting problem. I don't know what your experience is so a good place to start is with a haynes manual if you decide to go down the self fix route along with a good basic set of tools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast