Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever regret selling your old car?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook

Ever regret selling your old car?

Must say I have been going through a few old photobucket pictures Ive had ever since owning my 1st astra and I must say I regret selling my last 2 coupe's see pictures off them and all that goes through my mind is why oh why oh why did I sell them Naff feeling lol

Did I make the right choice or not hmmmmm

Anyone else feel the same?

1st - 1.8 SE2

2nd - 2.0 Turbo

3rd (Current Car) 2.2

I mean I have more bits going on my current coupe, new spoiler, front splitter, bonnet extension, lower etc just ever since seeing my old pics especially the black coupe I am really banging my head against the wall regretting selling it Grrr!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the very same thing a while ago, so when i finally had the cash i bought another vauxhall. this one aint going anywhere

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my coupe i sold to my mate.

and my current sri-t

My coupe was the nuts, but only a 1.8, so it was slow, the sri-t doesn't look half as good, but its fast, very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Goto say glacious i love your first car

I always regret selling mine, had quite a few astras...

and really regreat starting to strip my current astra, expecially as everything was new on it so would have been pretty cheap for a few years with just an oil/filter change

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I regret crashing my coupe, but don't regret selling any of my old cars. mainly because I've not sold any of them. My 1st car went to my Grandad, my second, third and fourth (all astras) got stripped & scrapped, and my last one (the coupe) was wrecked.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I regret buying my last car and was so happy when it went.
    A while ago i bought a mazda rx8, was going to px the coupe but they didnt offer me enough so i kept it, and i was so glad i did.
    The rx was a shed, bought it from a main dealer, it had loads of problems had an rac check done on it and they found it was flood damaged, had a new front end.
    The dealer was terrible and when i challenged mazda they didnt want to know
    It failed its mot and cost me a grand for front discs and pads.
    Anyway i px'd it for a Fiat 500 and gave it to my mum.
    That was in february and they still have the rx on their forecourt.

The Fiat is great though and i still have my Cabby to play with.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is why I havent sold up yet! I know I wont be happy unless I get the right car next!
    My name is Pete
    Click >> here << for my Coupe build log

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No regrets.......keeping my coupe for nearly 6 years, the Astra VXR doesn't do it for me so I can't justify the £8-10k needed to change and get a similar spec.

Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I regret selling my scooby STI and my 200sx, does that count?
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    I don't regret selling either of my old cars to be honest, because each time (IMO) I have moved on to better things!

First car was a 1995 1.3i Ford Fiesta in white. Don't get me wrong, was a cracker of a first car. The fact it was my first car, I looked after it, always kept clean. I did love it ... but then I fell in love with a green Renault Megane ... and from then on the Fiesta was history.

I bought the Megane after driving for about 14 months, and must admit, I fell in love with it straight away. The first time I drove it was on the test drive from the garage, and was just blown away by the speed and power, going from a 1.3 to a 1.6. Before I had thought about it too much I was signing the paperwork and the deposit was paid. A week later, I picked this up ...

After 9 months of spending a fortune on repairs, mainly electrical, on the Megane, I changed jobs and took a considerable payrise. As soon as I knew I was getting more money I was straight on the web looking for new cars. I had looked at older shape Civics, newer style Focus's, but wasn't too keen on either.

Anyway, day or 2 after I started my new job, I found a garage who had a few 1.4 SXi Astra's on the forecourt. Phoned up and enquired about them, at the time they had 3 of them. 1 had around 45k on the clock priced at £5k, and the other 2 had between 15-20k on them, priced £6+.

Got quotes on them, went down to the garage the following weekend and test drove the cheaper one of the 3. Had absolutely no pressure from the guy in the garage. He offered me what I considered good trade in for the Megane, and told me to go away and think about the Astra and to call him the following day to let him know my decision ... in the mean time he put a sold sign in the window.

A week later, I bought this home

And have never looked back, and never regretted selling the Megane for it!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast