Thread: Astra GTC and Coupe-Cabriolet

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra GTC and Coupe-Cabriolet

Another pair of model variants will be in place before the Astra program is complete, a new GTC and a Coupe-Cabriolet.

Carparazzi came across the three-door version, however well wrapped so it doesn't reveal too much of the cool details.

Next GTC will be even more pronounced than the current three-door model. Sources indicate that it can differ as much from the Astra, a Scirocco is different from a Golf.

And if the data manipulated illustrations from Carparazzi is close to the final product (which they use to be), it seems to vote well.

The car gets LED elements in both the front and tail lights when it comes to market in a few years.

All petrol engines will be turbo charged, while the diesel range will include the 1.7 CDTI with 130 hp 2.0 CDTI with 160 hp.

GSi version gets a 1.6-liter turbo engine with 210 hp. And the OPC version will get even more fiercely with the 240 hp from its 2.0-liter turbo engine.

Daily driver: =The Linea Oro - Gold Line Coupe=
    Summer drive: '05 Speedster Turbo - Build number 4798
    Got a turbo in my life - now I'm broke

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank god there making a 3dr nt a big fan on the 5dr just need a vxr of gsi model now

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I reckon the OPC will go as a VXR in the UK

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The images that aren't spy pics are photoshops, and the engine lineup in that write-up (along with a spec) aren't strictly accurate.

The engines on the sporthatch will be the same as the 5 door. The OPC will be badged as a VXR and will be a 2.0Turbo circa 250bhp. The GSi name will be making a comeback, but in 5 door guise only, powered by a 190bhp 2.0 Twin Turbo diesel.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    The images that aren't spy pics are photoshops, and the engine lineup in that write-up (along with a spec) aren't strictly accurate.

The engines on the sporthatch will be the same as the 5 door. The OPC will be badged as a VXR and will be a 2.0Turbo circa 250bhp. The GSi name will be making a comeback, but in 5 door guise only, powered by a 190bhp 2.0 Twin Turbo diesel.
    Yes, the GSi will make a comeback and the OPC will be badged as a VXR in the UK

The photoshop edits of the GTC are from Carparazzi, they make very accurate photoshops of disguised cars.

Early photoshops of the new astra and other VX models: