Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

system build

hi there
    i am looking at upgrading from my standard stereo to something with better quality. i have been looking at the alpine ixa-w404r hu firstly is this hu any good and also what would i need to make it compatible with the steering controls in the astra. also could anyone reccomend som decent front speakers and a sub and amp for this setup.

any help would be much appreciated

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive upgraded my sounds oem style heres a few tips:

1 - get alpine headunit with at least 2preouts/inputs

2 - i fitted front and rear speakers both 6.5inch with ring adaptors (autoleads ones you get from any caraudio shop)

3 - replacement speakers: Focal k2 are awesome - hertz hsk are crisp and any jl's i would suggest (components for the front and coaxial for the rear)

an amazing sub for the price i would suggest is the ..orion h2 10.4 for £180 (absolute bargain for an orion with the biggest magnet ive seen + powerd by 5000d amp or cheaper option soundstorm 3000wrms amp)

for sub + amp package - orion h2 10inch sub + soundstorm amp is £300

for focals/hertz components + good coaxials would ruffly be £350/£400

for 0gauge wiring + sound proofing which you would need ruffly £450-£550 for whole car.

Thats a ruff guestimate that it cost me so far.

All i gotta say is if you want clearsound - deep clear bass (without the 'chavs' all you hear is 'boom boom' and no treble you gotta go top of range and spend a little bit extra)

all i gotta say is dont go down the route of 'cheap is best' - i would no advise fusion/edge or anything like that.

Go for:
    Orion - jl audio - genesis - audison - mtx

they are the best makes and in my experience best sounds ever even at top end volume still clear as f**k

hope this helps mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not always the case about price, i've got some SPLs and had them in both Corsa and Astra and they are very highly rated for the price tag, its hard to find better!

Do your research in what you want before you buy it, there is alot of fan based audio fans out there, be aware of this.
    Black 1.7CDTI SXI -www.younge.co.uk -

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i understand price is not everything and you can get awesome speakers at low prices - like Phoenix gold you can get a nice pair for £90 andd they are mint etc.

But i just passing on my personal opinion and everyone is different.
    i have found more top of rang exspensive products have worked out better for me.

like my 1st ever car had to fusion amp with autoleads wiring compared to a orion amplifier with directed wiring found a much better quality.

all depends on personal preference.

i guess for original thread/post have a look around and test speakers in shops

all the best