Thread: Clarification on 1.7 DOHC EGR Valve Issues

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clarification on 1.7 DOHC EGR Valve Issues

while checking prices for an egr valve a guy at part co told me they tend not to do them as its usually related issues from other equipment that cause them to go i.e. MAFM and other various issues. Now is there any truth in this as i dont want to start replacing all the sensors here due to £££!! Have codes 0400 and 0216 with 0216 only appearing a few weeks after 0400 came up. This made me think the egr is away and causing related issues however the car has done 230K. This made me assume that even tho the egr may not be common failures on the DOHC engines it has still been opening and closing for 230K and it a taxi so its under load often. As a result i made the assumption that the egr may just be worn out. Does anyone think this is right or wrong how im thinking here? Cheers Folks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After phoning another two suppliers there asking if its maybe not just the solenoid valve. Checked and in some cases its just as expensive as the egr so i not a happy chappy. Does the solenoid show up with a different code or is it still 0400. Maybe i nd to look at changing both. Can someone somewhere help!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Have you tried removing & cleaning it?
    1.7 DTI Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nah i think anything EGR related is the p0400 code... If its a constant fault than it might be the solenoid... Cant be sure unless its tested tho

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i aint tried cleaning it as from other threads it seems not to last long im doing nearly 1k a wk and if its only gonna do me a few weeks then its a waste of time! I'd never be done taking it off!! The issue cant be too serious as its never in limp mode just stutters with no throttle response now and again. However if i ease of the pedal and put it down again it usual goes np and if it dont then if i switch her off and start her again it goes np like this!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also gonna buy a vacuum gauge and test vac production as the vac pumps leaking and it may be connected to this as my brakes seem to be needing more effort to stop. As i've mentioned in another thread i think vac production may be compromised and as a result the valve is not functioning properly. Gonna gauge the vac into and out of the solenoid before and after i've done the seal!