Thread: turbo gone symtoms

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

turbo gone symtoms

hi all, my dad as a coupe turbo and he ses he had blue smoke yesterday after a quick blast literally prob wasnt even driven to hard ( as my dad is useless ha ha knowing him) so he txt me last nite syaing this..

so this morning i did a few litle checks..as i was at gf's and cudnt check the car yesterday..

1. i started the car to see if any smoke on idle a left the car for 25min!!

heres a video...( he has condensation water dripping from exhaust so to me it doesnt luk anything like the blue i have seen when a turbo as gone..the car was just over 0 on temp gauge at the point of this video)

2.its boostin correct overboost at 10psi hold around 8psi and keeps up pulls well. ive never seen any smoke from his car at all..

3. not alot of oil in pipes..just a tiny bit but am led to believe this is ok as it will have a little..also as my dad doesnt drive the car hard he cud poss have more than usual? but ther is only a tad anyway..

any how see what u think but to me i think it luks ok...and to ease is mind am thinking just put a oil restrictor on is turbo and see how it goes from there really..

also his car has covered 54k.....just had service and cambelt and waterpump..always warmed up and cooled down before driving hard and ending journey if he has give it a bit..( prob rarly lol)

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    mines just started doing that aswell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCKO View Post
    mines just started doing that aswell

what do u think then? does it luk like urs fella? to me it just luks like condensation as theres water on exhaust... and a was trying to luk for blue smoke..and ive sin cars with turbos gone and u dont have to try to notice the blue smoke as its in ur face lol

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    dont know myself am gonna whip the turbo hose off tonight , will try and get a vid of mine later to compare

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCKO View Post
    dont know myself am gonna whip the turbo hose off tonight , will try and get a vid of mine later to compare
    ok fella. am sure my dads is all good.... just condo...am guna order him a oil restrictor never the less any how to be on safe side.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok had a word with courtney and they adv that its common for sum oil to be in the pipe...as long as its no more than a egg cup and my dad hasnt harldy got any oil in pipe...onyl think i cud spot was in the pics if any one cud help please...

car boosts too 11 psi overboost hold at 8 psi

ok heres a few pics...