Thread: Refurbing my alloys...is it worth it?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Refurbing my alloys...is it worth it?

Hi guys,

I bought some OZ SuperTurismos off here a while back and, while they looked good from a distance, they were in a bit of a sorry state. I'm considering getting them refurbished (either by a pro or having a go myself) but the damage on them extends beyond just a few basic kerb marks. In a number of places the finish has bubbled, and in one or two places it's even started to flake off. Thankfully I haven't caused any extra damage to them since buying them, but I'm wondering if this sort of damage is repairable to an extent, or is it just not worth the time/money etc?

I've attached some pics which hopefully show some of the issues:
    (The black dots all over them is just dirt! Haven't had a chance to clean the car since PVS )

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could well be that theyve had a refurb job before, cant see any reason why these wouldnt clean up well though

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could get these wheels refurbed from anything from £0 - £200.... If done correctly which involves stripping them back to base... They will look awesome IMO when done... They will look brand spanking.....
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....