Thread: forge diverter valve

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

forge diverter valve

will there be any point/benifit in fitting a forge or similar recirculation dump valve to my vxr turbo? the turbo and dump valve dump valve have only covered a few thousand miles?

what about a collins actuator? again only a few thou miles covered on std vxr actuator
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In all honesty Adam you will most likely be ok... People only uprate to avoid the possible eventuality.... OE Dump Valves on the Turbo Units are prone to failure on tuned cars purely as the diaphram contained within is quite fragile.....

Ultimatley it will be your choice..... You are more likely to be fine, but like most things you never know... Just see how you get on. You could always upgrade at a later time and date...
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yea was thinking the same about the diverter valve, any idea though on the actuator, heard some good things on them.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would suspect you would notice a greater difference with the Collins Acutator purely as it is uprated... In the Ford Circle, they would commonly be referred to as a Group A Acutator.... You would probably notice greater stable boost right the way throughout the rev range.......
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    diverter valve very easy to fit on a std turbo manifold just cut down a 5mm allen key i can do them in 15mins now with a cup of coffee
    well worth the money if you ask me

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have one on my car, running just that alone and i find it really really good! my car is standard bar FMIC and airbox mods so i wasnt expecting to see any gains from the standard oe one, i just wanted solid boost pipes and i wanted rid of the dv on the car, so to kill 2 birds with 1 stone i brought this

it feels so much smoother through gears and i feel less os a hesitation when booting it, whether the boost pipes help that or not i dont know but i can feel a difference with the forge on a standard car.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    how many miles has your standard dv done though? as mine is only a few months old im wondering if i will benifit from it yet or if im better off waiting untill it starts to let go?

what about the courtenay actuator?

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my one had done 8k miles and when i took it off was in perfect condition, as it was running a 1 way valve for its whole life i'm guessing (previous owner)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Replaced the actuator on my Focus RS a few years back for an uprated Forge item. though i was running 25/26psi on peak 300bhp-ish, Great addition. I think its a preference i always fit a Forge recirc valves to all cars i've had vag, evo, rs etc quality items!!
    Mk5 Astra CDTI
    Mk4 Astra 888 Stripped out Ph3

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a forge valve a collins dump valve and a collins -31 actuator

the forge recirc valve and the collins run great together, nice smooth gear changes with very little lag

fitted the actuator about a week ago and could not believe the differance it made, my old one had gone week and i couldnt hold boost very well atall, fitted one of those babys and the car flies! feels like ive had another map :-D but its only really gonna benefit you if your running higher boost
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast