Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DVD800 Iphone and Side mirrors

Hi there,

Hope one of you guys can help me with two problems I have with my new car.

Specs:
    Astra J 1.4T Cosmo with Executive and Introduction packages.
    DVD800 unit and automatically collapsible side mirrors.

The first question that I want to automatically collaps the side mirrors when the engine is off and automatically want to switch them in normal mode when the engine is turned on. I can press a button that will collaps the side mirrors but I want this automatically. Is this possible?

The second question is about the DVD800 with USB and iPhone compability. I noticed that the devices will not connect smootly. Sometimes i see in the display 'iPod is being scanned' but most of the times the normal Radio will kick in and the connection to the iPhone is lost. What is the compability of the iPhone with the DVD800 with USB?

I hope someone can help me with the two questions!

With kind Regards,

Joost

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mirrors cannot be operated by key just inside the car

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone had any problems with the built in satnav?for example it switching off for no apparent reason and when it boots up again the map is completely lost where you actually are.also the usb port for an ipod been working away fine and now today its not the actual ipod itself isnt working now not even registering on itunes.just wondering if somehow its broken because of the usb port??at a complete loss to its failure out of the blue.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

hi Robbie

Did you by any chance plug in your ipod/iphone before switching on your engine , if you have then this will need to be re formatted by your vauxhall dealer. The same thing happened to me and i had to wait for 3 weeks for Vauxhall to figure it out. Apparently this is something that Vauxhall are attempting a "re write" for.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem solved busy babe,i just had to reset the ipod(hold down middle button and menu button for 10 secs)a mate of mine told me to try it,didnt lose all the tunes on it either which was a bonus.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After searching on the Internet for hours,i found out alot of people can't use the iPhone with the Insignia and Astra J systems (CD500/DVD800) and there is no fix for this. Yesterday I've found a workarround for this issue. Don't ask me how I've found this sollution. Software Testers are crazy people

DVD800 Software version: MY10 (04/2010)

iPhone Software version: iOS 4.1
    • Set the car radio on FM Radio
    • Plug in the iPhone by using the USB port. You will see a popup
    • Wait until the iPhone connection popup dissapears and the car switches back to Radio (here is the problem)
    • Start pressing the "CD/aux" button rappidly and continuesly (if you hear the Radio, you aren't pressing the button fast enough). After 3 seconds the system will show the iPod aux input and you are able to play music as you will expect with on board control.
    I think it's a timing issue in the MY10 software during the handshake. Opel must fix this so report this defect to your local dealer

With regards,

Joost

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And how it works bluetooth on iphone and dvd800??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have similar issues with the iphone, usually unplugging the usb cable and putting it back in work. If that doesn't switching the engine off and on sometimes fixes.

I have the ~CD500, since the 4.1 update my music jumps/skips like your playing a scratched CD. does it for a second every so often.

Not sure if it is the usb cables fault or the latest 4.1 update. This has happened on 2 iPhone 4's.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.