Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what do you do with you mobile phone?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So what do you do with you mobile phone?

Longer post!

So as the title says, what do you use your mobile phone for?
    With all the talk of smartphones on here lately and the threads about the iPhone 4. I'm interested in known what exactly people use there mobile phones for.

Here is what I do with mine:

Email - I use my personal iPhone to pick up my work email, instead of using the Blackberry I have that sits on my desk. What is even more ironic, I switched the companys phones from windows smartphones to Blackberrys and refuse to use mine. I also have my work number forward calls to my iPhone, so I only carry one phone.

Facebook app - I use this more than I use the actual facebook site.

Music - I couldn't live without the iPod feature. Having my music everywhere I go. I use it everyday in my car, as my Astra has USB port that in return lets me control my iPod via the radio and being able to skip songs via the steering wheel is priceless.

Taken pictures - I never have my digital camera with me, so iPhone is the only thing I really use to take pictures. 1 of the reasons why I've pre ordered the iPhone 4.

Recording videos - I don't have a video camera, so similar to above the iPhone is only thing I use to record videos. HD video onthe iPhone 4 should be sweet to have.

Surfing the web - Web surfing on the iPhone is pretty good. along with most smartphones now. I find myself checking things on the web all the time when I'm out and about.

Calendar - This is sync'd up with my calendar in work, always keeps me upto date with different apointments. Now that it is sync'd up with work. I find myself using it more and more for everyday things. So I don't forget to do stuff.

Taken notes - When I'm out in about I take down different things. Serial numbers of I.T equipment, IP address of different servers/printers/copiers & I can email them to myself or information on different requests people ask me to do and details like passwords required to access different things when I'm out and about. I can email the notes to myself so I can find the information at later date if its required for anything.

Youtube app -Comes in handy for looking up music videos and tutorials on different things.

eBay app
    - Again great to use on the phone as I can keep track of everything I'm selling and items I'm watching without being on the laptop/Pc. It also sends me messages to tell me when items are ending or if I've been out bidded.

Paypal app - Great for sending money about to people when on the move. Wish the nationwide would make an app so I can do my banking on the move!

Sky Sports football centre - Great for keeping track of Manchester united during premiership season & great for checking scores. Also good for letting me know what world cup fixtures are for the current day.

Expenses - I use iXpensit app to keep track of what my outgoings are every month. When my car payments come out of my account, when phone contract payments are due etc etc.

Another important one would be the alarm feature, would be lost without that every morning.Also use EX Currency converter too. As I chat to to lot people from different countries. Usually have to convert money and see what the pricing of different stuff is.

Most of the things above are things I would use daily.

I also play a few different games on my phone.

So as you can see my mobile is pretty important and that isn't even including the amount of texting I do everyday.

Be interesting to see what others use there phones for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Its a phone, I make calls on it.............simple

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i never use my phone, but have been tempted by a blackberry or an iphone 3g. may have to take the plunge

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not a lot to be honest.

I use it as a phone, but also use the alarm, sat nav, camera and internet but I could do without all of those and just have a basic £20 phone and wouldnt really miss any of the features.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Make calls with mine

never use the camera, never text, never surf or emails.. blah blah balh

play solitare on it loads tho

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I use my Iphone to play my music in the car
    pick up email's
    log the times i work
    play film's on the TV in work
    and make calls

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    text, call, torch, alarm clock but its 5 year old phone so thats all it does.
    404 error - witty signature not found

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    calling
    texting
    internet (free)
    notes - for keeping a log of my hours
    calculator

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    talk
    text
    check time/date
    noting work hours/job numbers

thats about it really

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use mine for

making calls

texts

random picture messages of funny stuff i see out and about

alarm clock

playing music in the car

surfing the web

taking pictures

thats about it i think lol
    If you are going to go through hell, keep going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast