Thread: Bad news from bank

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bad news from bank

Yesterday had a phone call from the bank asking me if i been using my card recently, And i havent used it for a week.

Then the bank tells me that someone has been using my account and spent 300quid !!!!! , and 5 more attemps to withdraw money, luckily my bank blocked the account before ringing me.

I always been careful with my cards and have no idea how they would of gotton my details, now off to the bank to sort it out hopfully get money back too.

Be Careful With your bank cards people
    2002 Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8 16v= Sold

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    oh dear! Did they say where it had been used, ie was it in this country or abroad? would be quick way of working out if they got your details from a purchase over the net or if they'd cloned your card in a chip & pin machine or a cashpoint.

hope all gets sorted out for you!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How did they know that wasnt you? Do you not usually spend much on that card?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    ^^ thats why they rang. I suspect there were transactions made in two different places quite close to each other in time. thats how they stopped my dad's card getting done. apparently someone tried to spend £400 in luxembourg within 10 minutes of him using chip & pin in a garage 5 minutes from his home address. they rang him the same day and asked where he was that morning as they had a suspect payment. obviously he said he was at home so they stopped the money leaving and sent him a new card.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had a guy hack into my eBay account and spend £700 using my card on his paypal, similar situation to the one above but I tried withdrawing my rent from inside the bank only for them to ask if I knew why someone had used my card in AUSTRALIA 2 hours previous, they didn't stop my card till I asked them too!
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It works in a number of ways... If the bank sees a lot of irregular transactions slightly different from the norm, this is usually enough to rouse suspicion. For arguement sake I bought a few small items in close succession from overseas via ebay, as a direct conseqence the bank called me to verify the transactions were indeed made by myself, as they thought this out of the normal buying patterns. Other times I have purchased dvds via online dvd shops followed digital equipment and again I was contacted, this was due to the fact that I hardly use my card due to cloning and paranoia. I tend to pay for transactions with cash and the odd transaction with card so my bank will always contact me if they suspect something sinister.
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabyoulous View Post
    How did they know that wasnt you? Do you not usually spend much on that card?
    They said it flagged up due to unusual activity, no i dont spend that amount of money in matter of days

Also found 2 big payments to a online sports shop, the bloke at the bank said as the world cup is on they could be buying aload of shirts to sell on.

And also found out another 200 quid was pending to leave my account, that also been stopped.

Pisses me off big time , they said should get money back once the fraud department done the investigation and a new card
    2002 Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8 16v= Sold

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got done 3 months ago, took me about 6 weeks to get my money back.....

You'll get the forms, just make sure they get back in time!
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got done over christmas/new year for £120 odd to a flower shop, that i'd never been to. Got it sorted and got my cash back. Hope it all gets sorted for you as well mate, which it should do, and you'll get your money back
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got done a year ago. was for online games, a game i don't even play and have no interest in. so i know it was fraudulent. and on a card i hadn't used in nearly a year. Also the card was due to expire the next month. don't know if that was significant but that's how i noticed it. was only for about £30 but still a fraudulent transaction. Another was pending and was blocked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast