Thread: Centre Console Problems....HELP!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Centre Console Problems....HELP!

hi all

I went over some huge pot hole a few days back and ever since, my central display and the Stereo headunit are completely dead.....which is nice!

Anyone ever had a similar problem or know what the cable layout is behind there as I have never taken it apart before. wondering if a multiplug has popped out or something?

Cheers

Ben
    MK4 SRI 2.2 16v - THE SHOPPING LIST! - 17in Coupe T Wheels, Remus Centre, Eibach Lowering Springs & 1 Lottery Jackpot

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi im a newbie from Perth Western Australia.
    I have just bought my 2.2 TS SRi at auction and the same problems: no centre console info or stereo.
    Ideas anybody before I begin ripping the centre console out?
    Thanks.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    first things first check the fuses. if still no joy then the console is really easy to remove, half a dozen T20 Torx screws and you're away Don't forget you'll need to remove the HU, and assuming you both have standard HUs you will need the code to put it back

once accessible, check the ISO cable going to the back of the headunit. it's unlikely that this will have come out unless there's been a major bump as it'll have catches on the side of the plug to prevent movement (of course someone could have had it out and not put it back properly). Second, check the plug going to the back of the display. This should be securely fixed (mine had about 500 metres of sticky gunk/foam/tape round it or so it seemed) but of course someone could have removed and not fitted it back properly.

only once you have checked all connectors etc are intact and all right, should you then start looking at individual components i.e. the HU and the display themselves.

oh and Wolvesboy - welcome to the club
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.