Thread: Vxr turbo chra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vxr turbo chra

hi there, does any 1 know where i can buy a new chra centre housing and rotating assembaly, for my vxr turbo, i dont want to have to buy a whole new 1, im sure there is somewhere that just sell the core. any help would be greatfully recived.

thanks in advance

rob
    G Coupe, courtney stage 3, vxr turbo, vxr injectors, vxr front breaks. 267flhp 314 torques

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i don't think you can buy the turbo parts separteraly, if you contact KKK as they make the turbo's they may be able to help you. what is up with yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi there. i want a new chra as i have gone through 3 turbo repair kits in the last 6 months and im getting tired of the smoke, i just want it fixed for good, i did have the turbo looked at by a turbo centre in huddersfield, they said i needed a new core but i have just been putting repair kits in it since, i have also changed vavle stem seals and piston rings and i have added the oil ristrictor to the turbo, but still it keeps getting lots of somke after a fue hundred miles , and as there is a lot of play on the shaft each time i look inside the turbo, the chra is sort of the last thing i can think of it being, any advice would be welcome, thanks rob
    G Coupe, courtney stage 3, vxr turbo, vxr injectors, vxr front breaks. 267flhp 314 torques

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also, do you know if i have to replace the pre cat to get it through an mot? as its running a pre cat de cat pipe at the moment

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    precat decat is fully legal and its just for start up emissions and therefore not an aspect of the MOT anyway

u can buy the chra individually tho as ive seen them in the past - quick google or ebay should come up trumps

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i finaly found 1 last week at midland turbo in notingham, brand new £330