Thread: InSp Service Light

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

InSp Service Light

According to my service book the last service was carried out at 75,000 mls. The car has now done 101000 and there is no Insp light on to say the oil & filter need changing.

As I have only just purchased the car I would like to change it myself as the oil looks very black like it needs doing.

Pressing and holding the trip switch for 2 seconds doesnt show me how many miles to next service so I'm assuming my car has the fixed oil change and service interval. (06 plate 1.7cdti)

If I change my oil and filter now will the car now its been done or is there a possibility the Insp light could still come on in say a months time and if so would I be able to switch it off myself knowing Id done the job?
    Previous owner of: HA Viva, HC Viva, Nova Hatch, Astra Mk II GTE, Astra Mk 4

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

If I change my oil and filter now will the car now its been done or is there a possibility the Insp light could still come on in say a months time and if so would I be able to switch it off myself knowing Id done the job?
    I done a service on my car, 05 1.7 CDTI, and the Insp light came on after a couple of months to say a service was due.

I followed the instructions posted by Lee in the following post and it reset it....http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...76&postcount=3

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Lee but the trip button on my car wont work in the same way as yours.
    I can press it once to show the miles done etc. but pressing and holding doesnt do anything. The light eventualy fades out and I'm back to where I started so no idea how many miles to next service.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the car wont know its been done unless its been reset, is urs a mk4 or 5?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astrasxicdti View Post
    the car wont know its been done unless its been reset, is urs a mk4 or 5?
    Its a Mk 5