Thread: help needed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help needed

Morning guys. Im in a bit of troube at work and need help. One of my managers has it in for me and has put bad feedback on my record. What laws allow me 2 see me to see what has been written. And can i keep a copy of it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need to speak to his boss, if he's got it in for you that your pretty screwed, best bet is to maybe write to his boss explaining the situation
    "Its not weather you get knocked down, its weather you get back up"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The data protection act allows you to see any records held about you on paper or on a computer, you need to make a request to the data protection registrar, usually an IT bod in a large company or a senior manager, they can charge but to be honest as its your work a quick chat with HR should have the info to you...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Theres some info here which is more geared towards requests for debt management but the data protection act applies to your situation equally...

http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/...rotection.aspx
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool thanks. My manager is getting me a copy :-)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that if they do make any negative comments about you on your record you are entitled to see them anyway as per employment law you would need to have had an official meeting to discuss any problems...

Looking to the most extreme point of view (and hopefully it won't come to it) Keep a record of anything that you think he does thats unfair, note dates, times, witnesses etc, keep all the paperwork that you can, if in 12 months for example it comes to a head and he gives you the boot or you feel like you have to leave because of it you will find your 12 months worth of notes of every issue will be immensely useful should you take them to tribunal, its much better to have well documented notes than to try and remember a number of small incidents which will individually seem unimportant by the time you get to that point...