Thread: Adaptive Forward Lighting

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adaptive Forward Lighting

Hi, Has anyone else got a issue with Adaptive Forward Lighting???

I have noticed that the Automatic side is very sensitive and activates very early.
    Also has anyone seen that when you turn the Automatic Lighting Off does your Running Lights go out
    Also when you put the switch into Sidelights do your sidelights come on???

Astra SRi Mark 6 (New Shape) With Forward Adaptive Lighting with sight and Light Pack

Thanks

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On the non-AFL models, when you turn to sidelights or headlights the daytime running lights go out.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou. Mine Has AFL but as stated the Sidelights do not come on with the switch in Manual and sidelights selected however the rear lights do come on.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe on the AFL models the Daytime running lights and the sidelights are one and the same?

Pop into your dealer mate and enquire about it. They'll know more about it and considering it's a new car, it's covered under warrenty.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Daytime running lights and sidelights are one in the same on every model. So turning to sidelights wont bring on any other lights. If you use the switch manually and turn to sidelights/headlights & then turn back to off then the daytime running lights will go off as youv essentially told the system that you want them off, you would then have to turn the switch back to sidelights until youv switched the car off and re-started.
    Automatic lightening has always been very sensitive to coming on and of every since it was launched on the Astra H/Vectra C its one of those things that because it works off darkness etc. they can come on when you wouldnt expect it, but its better that they are over sensitive than under sensitive imo.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Davedempsey

It appears you may have AFL Lighting on your vehicle. I have q question I wish to Ask.
    With the lights in AUTO when they actually come on do you also get a icon on the dashboard with a picture of a beam with a letter A in it (Auto Active)??

Similar with Auto Wipers Active do you get the Icon on the dash board illuminating to state Auto wipers active???

Sorry Im a novice at this.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Davedempsey

It appears you may have AFL Lighting on your vehicle. I have q question I wish to Ask.
    With the lights in AUTO when they actually come on do you also get a icon on the dashboard with a picture of a beam with a letter A in it (Auto Active)??

Similar with Auto Wipers Active do you get the Icon on the dash board illuminating to state Auto wipers active???

Sorry Im a novice at this.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxhalldriver View Post
    Davedempsey

It appears you may have AFL Lighting on your vehicle
    Dave's a salesman at Woods Vauxhall, West Calder mate. He knows his stuff.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Gaz said, I don't have one but deal (read that as play with then) every day. With the dash lights when they activate you will get the green light with the A in it to indicate they are now active, this only comes on when its dark enough for the main lights to be activated (with the daytime running lights you will get just the green indicator for them being on (I dont have an Astra to hand but after checking the Insignia sat infront of me both lights are located next to each other on the rec counter side). Theres no light on the dash as for the auto-matic wipers.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got the AFL and here in Norway there's a lot of tunnels.. I'm getting the feeling that some people think i'm a git, flashing them out of the way every time they come on when going into tunnels..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast