Thread: aftermarket warranty questions

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aftermarket warranty questions

hi guys if incorrect couldnt see a section where this fitted so ill stick it here please move if incorrect

anyway long story short purchased and aftermaket warranty for lawgistics with my astra and iv now come to claim for a altenator , got a phone call today sayin they only gonna cover 70% of the cost and i have to cover the rest as its a high milege vehicle and its wear and tear

now my problem is i got the astra in feb and it had 69000 miles on it , its a 56 plate , and now its got 71500 so iv not put thousands on it and when i puchased the warranty there was no mention of this in the t&c although a few pages on it mentions wear and tear

iv contacted them and they said iv got to ring their legal department

just wondered if anyone has been in this situation before and if you won

also any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    most aftermarket warranties have this milage clause in them! after 60k=90% of parts. 70k=80% of parts and so on! its in the policy documentation. but who reads that untill you need it??? a lesson learned by me! if its not in there then go to trading standards, citizens advice or the financial services authority which regulates the sale of insurance products. ask them first how they prove it was wear and tear! they cant and use it as a get out!! good luck and dont give in!!
    At the end of the day, it gets dark!!!!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In my opinion aftermarket warrantys are not worth the paper they are printed on. The warranty companys will do what ever the can to get out of paying, so you end up paying for anything that needs doing youself.

I'd never get an aftermarket warranty again.
    Never happy, always wanting more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    warranty direct were spot on! drive shaft snapped! they recovered it to vauxhall and replaces the whole thing! turbo seals went! replaced the turbo with the new leh one! clutch went a paid for that as well.. just got too expensive having two warranties going so im now with the aa! i have full breakdown and both vehicles under there warranty, if the car breaks down and the aa are called! whatever the fault is, i pay the first £25 and they pay the rest upto £500. going to cover most things at that! i pay the aa £23 for all this a month, i was paying £60 a month for both warranties! its a no brainer really...
    At the end of the day, it gets dark!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Think it's pot luck with these warrenty companys, there was a complaint about 1 on the telle the other week, think it all boils down to the T&C's sometimes
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've just purchased a warranty with warranty direct, i took out a quote online on tuesday with them which i felt was a bit expense, so discarded it, however they phoned me back today and asked to go through some details with me as he believed he could do it cheaper by asking me some extra questions, and it knocked 33% off the online price, they phone from 0118971900 which i rejected a few times as didnt recognise the number or dialling code and thought it would probably be a nuisance call, but did some searching online and discovered it was warranty direct, so answered there next call and can only comment how friendly and professional they were! now lets hope theyre as good as they sound professional in the event of needing them

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do any of these warrnty placesd give you a courtesy car whilst your car is out of order?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richwarwicker View Post
    so answered there next call and can only comment how friendly and professional they were!

you doing freelance work for this warranty direct
    Mr Tickle was very excited about marrying Tess...

Tess wasn't too sure of her new name

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was with warranty direct, but not for long.

When i heard a strange noise coming from my engine i got it looked at immediately.
    Turned out the timing chain tensioner had gone, but unfortunately not covered by their warranty. however the timing chain is so if id have left it and let the timing chain snap they would have forked out for a complete rebuild, figure that one out

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hudson s View Post
    you doing freelance work for this warranty direct
    no but i like to publically recognise companys when im really happy with their service, you hear so many people moaning about bad service, but rarely good service and i just like to recognise companys when i receive excelent service
    OP-COM available West Cornwall area, PM me and i'll try to help, you come to me or cover my fuel costs to come to you!